Boat weight

My little Honda 90 struggles on the back of my little 4.2m centre console. Im putting a 115 on it soon but I thought I would take it the the local weigh bridge today as the fuel tank and boat are empty at the moment. I was quite surprised to find it came in at 1240kg empty. No wonder its so solid and stable. 

7 hours ago, JonC said:

I have always wondered how much your boat weighs. Now we all know, thanks for the clarification 🤣

As a comparison the Arvor 20mk2 weighs in at 1800kg on a much heavier dual excel trailer, which as you would be aware of is a far bigger outfit. 

7 hours ago, JDP said:

As a comparison the Arvor 20mk2 weighs in at 1800kg on a much heavier dual excel trailer, which as you would be aware of is a far bigger outfit. 

I believe my boat weighs 1800 kg dry, not including a trailer. However I don’t know if heavier is necessarily better, considering my old BMX weighs twice that of my genesis hybrid bike. 

7 hours ago, JDP said:

Strangely enough I was thinking about boat weights today as I will be helping my friends trailer their boat prior to our trip out west. The last time it was a Reiver, this time its a quicksilver 6-something but the towing vehicle is still a land so should be fine if thirsty and we aren’t going to be tanking it.