Bad workmanship

After a decent bow thruster repair by a top bloke who takes pride in his work and reputation, I discover that the guy who did my polishing and deck caulk work is a nob head. 
Take a look at this photo.

928BBBAC-6370-4598-AB8D-0DED7ACDF7E0.jpeg.8683211786be6b2f63308bf9aadd943b.jpeg

All the old caulk underneath was supposed to have been dug out and then replaced. Instead he’s just wiped new over the top of old. He didn’t even mask it up!! 
Good job I haven’t paid him yet and good job I noticed before he did my teak work. 
Needless to say, he’s been fucked off!

25 minutes ago, JonC said:

The polishing was good though? 

Well at a glance yes, but according to the guy who did the bow thruster repair, no. He showed me round and pointed out areas where there are small scratches I’d not noticed. And he wasn’t impressed that the deeper historic scratches on the hull were not more disguised. He reckons he used the wrong polish. 

24 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Well at a glance yes, but according to the guy who did the bow thruster repair, no. He showed me round and pointed out areas where there are small scratches I’d not noticed. And he wasn’t impressed that the deeper historic scratches on the hull were not more disguised. He reckons he used the wrong polish. 

Take it with a pinch of salt, it’s easy to snag other people’s work. 

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes I get that. But he took me 5 boats down to a blue hull he’d polished a week ago and it was like brand new. 

Yes, but perhaps if someone with a keen eye looked at that they could snag that also. 
You was well happy before. 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Yes, but perhaps if someone with a keen eye looked at that they could snag that also. 
You was well happy before. 

Yes but I’d not seen it on a sunny day. Now it does look a bit scratchy. Certainly the cloudiness has gone, but even that was because I moaned at him for not doing it properly first time round. 

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes but I’d not seen it on a sunny day. Now it does look a bit scratchy. Certainly the cloudiness has gone, but even that was because I moaned at him for not doing it properly first time round. 

That’s annoying then, you were really happy with it last week.maybe ignorance is bliss?