From the field to the plate

Windy weather again so my daughter headed into the remote wilderness mountains. Locations where even her 4X4 struggles and way out of phone reception means relying on the Garmin in reach to keep us posted. She managed both a buck and doe which she butchered in the field (bush, forrest). Walking 17km back to her 4x4 dragging the buck was a challenge, the doe was shot closer to where she had camped so a much easier proposition. Not sure how she will manage when she shoots a 300kg samba. 

We have one leg in the slow cooker, a huge plate of back strap panko schnitzels and about 4kg of jerky in the drier. Plenty more meals now in the freezer and plenty distributed among her friends. Not your normal 20yr old girl by any means!!!!!

Deers are another of the European introduced feral pests Brough over here. They are killed in their thousands and left to waste by rangers so I have no problem with her hunting them. I must admit I much prefer the goats she gets though.

190658951_3011380169109467_3667132805892653246_n.thumb.jpg.9e39cd6a8624f81c6c8be0975d82b825.jpg