Which boat horn

As above really, my 2 month old double trumpet horn got drowned on a recent trip and now sounds like an asthmatic mute swan (on the odd occasion it makes a noise)

It was only a cheapy, around £50 IIRC

I've brought it home, but not all the screws will loosen to be taken apart (so I can repair/make sure it never works again)

Are there any decent ones without spending £250+, is there nothing mid range that will last a bit longer than one doushing

What has everyone got

Wonder if it's worth taking your current one off and putting it in the airing cupboard for a week or so. It might just need to be properly dried out over a longer period of time. Could be a cost-free solution if it works?

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Wonder if it's worth taking your current one off and putting it in the airing cupboard for a week or so. It might just need to be properly dried out over a longer period of time. Could be a cost-free solution if it works?

It's in the garage at the moment, I'll put it somewhere dry and warm for a while and see what happens

It didn't work on the boat (apart from one short toot, then blew a fuse) I'm getting some sound out of it when wired straight to a battery (no fuse)

I'll give it a couple of days and try it through a fuse and see what happens

Have seen some with covers over the front which would do the job I suppose, but all overseas, not here

On 7/5/2021 at 9:13 PM, JonC said:

I just have a canister one at the moment, a proper one is on my list.

Generally I avoid fog and thick mist like the plague, however, I often depart in radiation fog as I know it will br clear half a mile out to sea.

I have a canister horn, but against all the rules prefer to stop often a listen, it is surprising what your ears can detect !