A quick couple of hrs to cool down

fishybuisness

3 minutes ago, fishybuisness said:

Hi all. 

i really shouldn’t be sitting in the jacuzzi with weather like this outside but unfortunately yesterday i got a bit sun stroke!

i had a chilled out morning and walked 1m down to paignton harbour and had a nice full cooked breakfast. The next step was to get my electric bike from the house and go over to Torquay to pick Gadget up. So 20mph across the bay and greeting alot of eye candy on the way, I dont think riding a fold up electric bike is on the attractive scale!

anyway i get to the boat and set back across the bay to pull her onto the visitor mooring and drop my bike back to house and bring out 50lt of fuel.

at this point someone had decided to raft onto me within minutes of me being gone. Anyway fuel in and some cleaver rope tricks to escape and away due south east for an hrs run at 20knts 

lush day music blaring and no bait just jigs and sidewinders. Upon arrival my mate matt (silver halo) was already there and had just had one drop and was helping someone with a mid size pollock. He shouted over to say they bass have been around, at that point my minnow got smashed mid water and then slack lined. After connecting to said fish it was a deeper as in wouldnt come straight up. A nice bass prob 6-7lb was at the side of the boat. 
why do i never get stuff ready and it always takes at least one fish dropped to then go and get the net and gaff for next time.

i tryed with spj and was failing with it as the fish seamed to be so high in the water. So i carried on with lead heads and got through a few pout from the floor and a few other small bass. 

matt then leaves on a good note with the chaps having a few sizable pollock to take home. 

im now here on my tod in perfect calm mirror seas and decide to carry on. 
well the pollocks turned on and i have to say it wash a better session than ive had in pollock season.

i put most fish back and kept one sizeable pollock for the table. 

on route home i came across 3 of these party balloons with sting coming off them. These should be banned as they seam to be everywhere.

It was a nice trip just to cool down in the heat and listen to some tunes on the way out. Nice to drop straight on to a good number of fish and nice to see a friend out in the abliss 

roturtura is working well

I rarely fish the Rota, but IIRC Vic Evans record conger came off that wreck.

2 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Ah ok, I know it, but nor my usual stamping ground. I tend to go straight out toward the Modavia, Hailsham, and Regessetrom.

6 miles due south but most of them around there are the same 

the modavia i have in my plotter as 

“simon is a c**nt” for some reason! Lol

they are nice wrecks and you can drift from one to the other double drifting as it were 

The Modavia often holds Cod in the winter, but they are tight into the wreck and sometimes hard to locate.

Yes, I like a string of wrecks when the tide and wind is right.

I am avoiding going out this weekend as there will be too many firkin idiots.

Edited by GPSguru

31 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

The Modavia often holds Cod in the winter, but they are tight into the wreck and sometimes hard to locate.

Yes, I like a string of wrecks when the tide and wind is right.

I am avoiding going out this weekend as there will be too many firkin idiots.

The last day like this i ended up towing someone home. He didnt want to admit it but he had run out of fuel! 

Birmingham army !