Field to fork

JDP

Needed a quick break from drilling holes in my boat and messing around with wires in tight spaces.

Headed two hours inland close to the snow fields to catch up with my daughter who was out there solo hunting. She had sent a message via the Garmin Inreach which gives the lat and long of where she was (no phone reception out that way). I let my young lad have a day off school as they seem to be doing bugger all there these days, besides he can learn more about  tracking, hunting and navigation when its done in a fun way.

My daughter managed to pop a tasty little doe with a clean heart shot at 65m (close). Dressed it there and then to save weight getting it back to where we camped. Venison and marshmallows over the charcoals and then another bbq session back home.

Now back to finishing the boat.

2144396464_ScreenShot2021-07-29at1_34_17pm.thumb.jpg.baccc24f747f5c8ffecfe512c1a28a07.jpg

_JDP9333_1.jpg.cd7d616a5722d19efa744a85a5423a6a.jpg

_JDP9391_1.thumb.jpg.632a47aa91cd01f0b312b0c7bca855c7.jpg

_JDP9330_1.jpg.1e3717aa01842ec1839301c94a601088.jpg

IMG_8644.thumb.jpg.766ef9d7a73ae4c1d6eea19eed7ebd73.jpg

IMG_8645.thumb.jpg.629520deb95c13ca0aff4d9ff6d3f08a.jpg

30 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

What a lifestyle.... Not jealous at all!!!

Great way to be able to bring kids up 👍

Had a lot of years in and out of work in the building trade before heading over here, I certainly appreciate being able to raise my kids here. 

21 minutes ago, JDP said:

Had a lot of years in and out of work in the building trade before heading over here, I certainly appreciate being able to raise my kids here. 

Yes, I think anywhere that has a work to live ethos rather than the live to work ethos we have here is a good place to bring up kids....

7 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Yes, I think anywhere that has a work to live ethos rather than the live to work ethos we have here is a good place to bring up kids....

Agreed, although I do think it's down to the parents to instill that sense of excitement in the outdoors lifestyle and to encourage the kids to get off the sofa/playstation, irrespective of where you live.

24 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Agreed, although I do think it's down to the parents to instill that sense of excitement in the outdoors lifestyle and to encourage the kids to get off the sofa/playstation, irrespective of where you live.

Absolutely...... Mine usually wants to go fishing etc more than I do lol, the only difference between him and me at his age, was I was far more independant and went anywhere and everywhere by myself or with friends, amazing how much tackle you can carry on a push bike lol