Sea trials

Its been a year since changing boats, so heading out for sea trials tomorrow. Much the same as the little one I have now, it's just that its cheaper to buy a new one than upgrade the motor and trailer. Current one has a Honda 90, new has a Suzuki 100 which is claimed to give better fuel range. The Honda is good until it reaches 4300rpm, where the economy doesn't settle back down until it reaches 5300rpm. At 4200rpm I get 3.5km per litre, 4300rpm it jumps to 1km per litre before settling back to 2.5km per litre from 5300 to 6100rpm. Unfortunately the best running speed on this boat is 4500-5000rpm 26-30kt .

IMG_2841.thumb.PNG.76e7a6a1100ab64faf7c80049b56b549.PNG

I hear those voices too… I’ve been toying with changing for 2 years and going diesel… but I think im keeping mine, maybe code it and put it work… maybe that’ll save me a few ££ to put towards a nice cat 🙂 

Hope it all goes well either way, buying boats is exciting yet scary 🙂 depending on how much you want to spend 😂😂😂

Edited by Odyssey

On 11/5/2022 at 12:17 AM, Odyssey said:

I hear those voices too… I’ve been toying with changing for 2 years and going diesel… but I think im keeping mine, maybe code it and put it work… maybe that’ll save me a few ££ to put towards a nice cat 🙂 

Hope it all goes well either way, buying boats is exciting yet scary 🙂 depending on how much you want to spend 😂😂😂

The extra 10hp (100 Suzuki in white)  as well as the pod made a fair amount of difference in performance and far better economy over the Honda. I was hoping that I wouldn't notice that much difference and remain happy with the outfit I have but needed up feeling quite the opposite. Looks like I will be selling my boat again to get into a new one!!!!!