Snakes at last

Malc

But not many. 

With the competition just over a week away I have been trying for some launce but recently just been getting pollock and coalfish some of the latter around the pound mark which is great in a 2 knot tide! I had thought to give it best as the last time I had foul hooked a couple of tiddlers (frozen for bait not returned to suffer) but my wife went off to the Metro centre with my daughter so I wasn't going to be staying home. 

I had the pier to myself and was absolutely dismayed by the amount of rubbish left behind, most people blame the "mackie bashers" but it isn't just them as I picked up bait packets, a ball of 50m or so of 50lb+ braid complete with a shock leader and baited 2 hook flapper (lying where a dog or person could have been impaled), cans, nylon, sabikis and daylights. I couldn't pick up the proper rubbish as I would have needed to use a black bin bag for all that, but I did fill a carrier bag on the mile back down to the shore. I know that it's a long walk but they took it all the way up the pier!

Anyway, couple of launce for bait and 30 or so pollock and coalfish returned is good for 2hrs fishing. 

20230531_132344.jpg.41ae39054b096b08b8db30614d984948.jpg

Edited by Malc

I recently shared a Facebook post from my village group on several local fishing pages about tackle being left on the beach and someone’s dog getting a hook in its mouth. The amount of crap I got from anglers trying to defend it was amazing. The dumped tackle in question was in the bushes at the top of the beach way past the high water line. Not even @Andy135could cast that bad. 

16 minutes ago, JonC said:

I recently shared a Facebook post from my village group on several local fishing pages about tackle being left on the beach and someone’s dog getting a hook in its mouth. The amount of crap I got from anglers trying to defend it was amazing. The dumped tackle in question was in the bushes at the top of the beach way past the high water line. Not even @Andy135could cast that bad. 

Wanna bet??

On 6/1/2023 at 7:23 PM, JonC said:

I could......