ICBM

Malc

On 7/11/2023 at 10:12 AM, Andy135 said:

Good work! I wonder if the fish were spooked by the seal. I've known shore marks that turn right off once a seal shows up. Might explain the lack of pollack to your lures?

The reef is covered by about 20 ft on big tides so yes. Fortunately the surrounding sea is 35-40 ft so a decent pollock can power away from them but over the reef is ideal ambush area which is why pollock like it too. Too much bait fish of all size in the water doesn't help, I gutted 9 mackerel just offshore and the gulls were too stuffed to be bothered to come over!

Edited by Malc

On 7/11/2023 at 4:29 PM, Malc said:

The reef is covered by about 20" on big tides so yes. Fortunately the surrounding sea is 35-40" so a decent pollock can power away from them but over the reef is ideal ambush area which is why pollock like it too. Too much bait fish of all size in the water doesn't help, I gutted 9 mackerel just offshore and the gulls were too stuffed to be bothered to come over!

35 to 40 inches? Do you mean feet?