Lenco trim tab LED indicator switch

So after @jonnyswamp found a supplier asking reasonable money for these I too bit the bullet and ordered one. Arrived ahead of schedule from the US with all import duties taken care of.

hpctzho.jpg

Should at least make it easier for me to work out which tab is doing what, and has the bonus feature of auto-retraction apparently.

#tabmuppet

#lefttabdownabit

11 minutes ago, JonC said:

Hopefully it will all be simple to Hotwire to the existing tabs. 

According to the book of words it's pretty much plug and play using the Deutsch connectors. Just need a switchable power source for the auto-retract so likely the ignition circuit.

Yes, easy to wire up, but the auto retract doesn't work on mine 

When ignition is switched on, a motor (don't know which one, maybe both) is momentarily activated, but not long enough to retract a fully extended ram

I'm not overly bothered about it, maybe they sent me one without the auto retract

Great to have the led's showing the tabs position though, rather than guessing

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

So after @jonnyswamp found a supplier asking reasonable money for these I too bit the bullet and ordered one. Arrived ahead of schedule from the US with all import duties taken care of.

hpctzho.jpg

Should at least make it easier for me to work out which tab is doing what, and has the bonus feature of auto-retraction apparently.

#tabmuppet

#lefttabdownabit

Andy, I assume you know that you don't need the separate control box with this, it's an all in one unit

21 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Andy, I assume you know that you don't need the separate control box with this, it's an all in one unit

Yep, I can get rid of the gubbins and the old switch, and just connect to the existing actuator cables, right?

• 4 weeks later...

@jonnyswamp, the switch does need a switched live. I found an unused bullet connector in my loom that gets 12v from the ignition barrel (Zook will have kittens when he sees this part of the loom as it's the only bit I haven't tidied up yet!)

mPzbEKD.jpg

So I wired the orange wire from the LED switch into it. Results below.

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

@jonnyswamp, the switch does need a switched live. I found an unused bullet connector in my loom that gets 12v from the ignition barrel (Zook will have kittens when he sees this part of the loom as it's the only bit I haven't tidied up yet!)

mPzbEKD.jpg

So I wired the orange wire from the LED switch into it. Results below.

More of a dog person myself...... However, you have shown why it pays to put in spare lives

12 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'll double check if mine retract when switching the ignition off, I don't think they do 

I've been manually retracting them before switching ignition off

I reckon your orange wire isn't switched live then. The switch panel needs to have voltage and yet see no voltage at the orange wire in order to retract. If your orange wire still has power when your ignition is turned off then the auto-retract won't work.