Annoying alarm

When I was out on Tarlach Too on Friday with Pete, I kept getting this alarm message and audio warning going off. Anybody got an idea of what it’s for or where it would originate from? 
It’s not my MMSI number, it did look like it was coming from shore when I chose to press navigate to, in order to see where it was. 
I suppose it was a test unit in training or something but it was going off every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours until I got fed up and turned both plotters off. 

7C4B3E6D-1386-4796-997A-EC3575CCB7AD.jpeg.ddd028d62ad129ceec3c852475a99de1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yes, could not find anything

Hmmm. A mystery then. I'll be passing the Hamble later today. Could pop in and take a closer look if helpful?

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Only thing I can find online is below...

0ExiDGJ.jpg

Ok thanks I will look at that when next down at the boat. I did do a software update mid week and wonder if maybe this has effected a setting. 

31 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Hmmm. A mystery then. I'll be passing the Hamble later today. Could pop in and take a closer look if helpful?

Where you off to then? I’m at football later so won’t be about. 

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Where you off to then? I’m at football later so won’t be about. 

ECA to finish off Apache's trailer and take a few more pics to advertise her.

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

When I was out on Tarlach Too on Friday with Pete, I kept getting this alarm message and audio warning going off. Anybody got an idea of what it’s for or where it would originate from? 
It’s not my MMSI number, it did look like it was coming from shore when I chose to press navigate to, in order to see where it was. 
I suppose it was a test unit in training or something but it was going off every 5-10 minutes for a couple of hours until I got fed up and turned both plotters off. 

Yes, turn ALL AIS alarms off, including collision warning, and use the AIS info on the plotter as an aide-mémoire for YOU to make the decisions and take any necessary action.  

That alarm should have also come up on your radio, just hit the ignore button to stop the alarm and periodically clear the AIS log.

7 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I will expand a bit on my last post.

You don't need alarms as any target on the plotter that is a threat will turn from green to red and show an extended line from the triangle which is the perceived course. It is then up to you to make call on what to do. If you tap on the target it will give you course and speed of the target, plus the time to collision.

when I am on the wrecks in the shipping lanes, I have one plotter split screen with a zoomed chart for the wreck waypoint ( 20ft resolution) and the other half of the screen on traditional sonar.

The other plotter I switch between forward sonar ( for when I am setting up the drift) and full chart zoomed out to about 15miles ( for me , presets 1 and 2 ). When I see a target turn red, I also know that the bridge of that vessel also has the same info, so I call them on 16 and usually tell the bridge to maintain current course / speed and that I will move my position 2 cables ( 1/4 mile) to  port / starboard as appropriate.