Tackle Direct anniversary sale

Andy135

19 minutes ago, JDP said:

I used to use them and Melton tackle but for some reason tackle became cheaper here in Aus than buying overseas. For you guys in the UK, after postage, import duties and no warranty do you really save much at all. 

I think you're missing the point. It's less about saving money and more about finding stuff that we can't get over here Jon. Clearly no one would buy stuff from the US that we can already get here, but for those items that aren't available here (e.g. my Stormr foul weather jacket, or my Accurate BX-2 twin-drag) Tackle Direct offers an easy way to buy from the US, complete with pre-paid import duties.

2 hours ago, Andy135 said:

I think you're missing the point. It's less about saving money and more about finding stuff that we can't get over here Jon. Clearly no one would buy stuff from the US that we can already get here, but for those items that aren't available here (e.g. my Stormr foul weather jacket, or my Accurate BX-2 twin-drag) Tackle Direct offers an easy way to buy from the US, complete with pre-paid import duties.

Ah yes missed the point because you just mentioned tackle!!!! Ive seen some pretty decent UK small tackle stores mentioned on the the other site that seem to have a surprising amount of the overseas game fishing products at reasonable prices too. Its good they sort all the tax and import duty for you, I suppose its then a case of working out if the warranty means much to you or how much sending a reel back for repair might cost in postage etc.

17 hours ago, JDP said:

Ah yes missed the point because you just mentioned tackle!!!! Ive seen some pretty decent UK small tackle stores mentioned on the the other site that seem to have a surprising amount of the overseas game fishing products at reasonable prices too. Its good they sort all the tax and import duty for you, I suppose its then a case of working out if the warranty means much to you or how much sending a reel back for repair might cost in postage etc.

Seems to me like a sound business management plan to stock overseas game fishing tackle!! For fuck sakes, I can't even get the soft plastics I want let alone seeing exotic tackle on sale here on the English riviera.. besides, what tackle do we need to tackle the solent salmon beasts that aren't already available in country!?  🤣 

I’m not keen on internet shopping, I like to go in and spend pound notes but it’s very difficult in my area as shops stock next to nothing. Rods and reels available are usually entry level. I don’t think I could even buy an Abu 7000 reel for example within 40 miles of my house. 

1 hour ago, JonC said:

I’m not keen on internet shopping, I like to go in and spend pound notes but it’s very difficult in my area as shops stock next to nothing. Rods and reels available are usually entry level. I don’t think I could even buy an Abu 7000 reel for example within 40 miles of my house. 

Theres bound to be a scaghead living nearby that will sell you what you want, you may have to order it tho.... 🤣