Second fish, first day of the year

JDP

Headed back to the spot I fished earlier with light lure tackle, This time it was using the fish caught earlier as bait. 

Took the same young lad with me as I didn’t  fancy doing battle with anything to big. First bait resulted in this hefty fella and a 40min fight for the lad.

Rod was an old Penn inxs from my UK which I rebuilt to take a spin reel. The reel was the trusty cheap Penn battle 6000 which had been very good over the past two years on big sharks and rays.

My back is a bit stuffed after helping get this thing back in!!!!….also had two more after this one. 

Tomorrow I have someone from the other forum with me hoping for something to stretch his line.

B95F7E4D-9C29-4B9D-8F1F-5BA50E9E39DB.thumb.jpeg.e8a6f22f01dd305e80c25ddda0b8e38b.jpeg

However, I am not very happy that this has been posted in the wrong section as it’s clearly a shore report so I am going to award demerit points for this. A lot of points. 
We, the SLT take posting things in the relevant sections very seriously, don’t we @Andy135