Blue Anchor Bay

jonnyswamp

Friday is only mid size tide so i would of thought would be ok. Don't fish there myself to often but the charters do sometimes, i think mainly on the bigger tides as there will be less tide in the bay. Kayakers were picking up some good cod a from there a few years ago but haven't heard of much lately from them. 

I’ve fished there on springs and been fine. 

If you head down further west to Selworthy sands you can get a hell of a tide run so not suitbable for springs but in blue anchor it’s mainly coral and some lovely big cod come out of there…

Worth sticking a rod out with small hooks as you can get whiting around there and make great livebaits. 

If you fish with larger fish baits use heavy mono (200lb+ or wire) as should be spurs about there too 

1 hour ago, Odyssey said:

I’ve fished there on springs and been fine. 

If you head down further west to Selworthy sands you can get a hell of a tide run so not suitbable for springs but in blue anchor it’s mainly coral and some lovely big cod come out of there…

Worth sticking a rod out with small hooks as you can get whiting around there and make great livebaits. 

If you fish with larger fish baits use heavy mono (200lb+ or wire) as should be spurs about there too 

What are you on about- small hooks for whiting? 6-8/0 minimum for angry whiting with wire straight through, I’m an expert at whiting. And set the clutch properly. 

5 hours ago, JonC said:

What are you on about- small hooks for whiting? 6-8/0 minimum for angry whiting with wire straight through, I’m an expert at whiting. And set the clutch properly. 

6/0 is small to me 🤣