A few more from the last few days.

jetty jumper

Im always surprised when I see people all wrapped up for cold weather, all we ever see of fishing in the US tends to be hot glamorous conditions with plenty of bling!!!!

I am curious about the big lad on the Yak sitting so high, how his stability would be with a bit of chop and a big fish on. 

On 3/28/2023 at 7:40 PM, JDP said:

Im always surprised when I see people all wrapped up for cold weather, all we ever see of fishing in the US tends to be hot glamorous conditions with plenty of bling!!!!

I am curious about the big lad on the Yak sitting so high, how his stability would be with a bit of chop and a big fish on. 

Getting a little warmer now, it should be real nice in a few more weeks. As far as the stability in the kayak I have no idea I’ve never tried kayak fishing but lots of people do it around here.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:40 AM, JDP said:

America leads the way in kayaks for the larger person and in particular for flat water conditions inland. Putting into perspective I am 95kg and have a hobie which has similar seating but I keep mine on the low setting and my kayak is not as wide or flat bottomed as some can be. With a flat bottom and high seating position I wouldn't be out in a choppy sea but perfect for flat water. 

13 hours ago, Malc said:

America leads the way in kayaks for the larger person and in particular for flat water conditions inland. Putting into perspective I am 95kg and have a hobie which has similar seating but I keep mine on the low setting and my kayak is not as wide or flat bottomed as some can be. With a flat bottom and high seating position I wouldn't be out in a choppy sea but perfect for flat water. 

Ive got two hobie kayaks for sale, simply way to big and heavy, yes stable in slight chop but not so good in bigger waves. Ive had these for sale for 6 months, new over 5k, selling 1.5k and not a sniff of interest. Trouble is they are to heavy to lift into the back of my ute tray on my own and owning more trailers defeats having a yak to me, not to mention the yearly rego fee's on trailers. Foot pedal mechanism broke on the one which made for an interesting trip to shore!!!!!

6 hours ago, JDP said:

Ive got two hobie kayaks for sale, simply way to big and heavy, yes stable in slight chop but not so good in bigger waves. Ive had these for sale for 6 months, new over 5k, selling 1.5k and not a sniff of interest. Trouble is they are to heavy to lift into the back of my ute tray on my own and owning more trailers defeats having a yak to me, not to mention the yearly rego fee's on trailers. Foot pedal mechanism broke on the one which made for an interesting trip to shore!!!!!

Surely you’ve got a picture of you with a foul hooked narwhal on your lap that you can post up? 

8 hours ago, JDP said:

Mine is the revo 16 so it is longer but not as wide, and less freeboard but is as good as the previous paddle kayak on the sea. A short chop is a nightmare in any kayak especially if you get it from 2 or more directions, but I am happy in 1-2m swells as long as I have a protected landing.