Things are warming up 46'c

JDP

I don't live in the year round hot regions of Australia, in fact Im right on the coast not too far from the mountains and snow fields. However we are into early summer now and have temps today already at 38'c and 46'c just inland off the coast. I must admit I like it hot but the downside is bushfires, which luckily after last season there isn't much left to burn.
Tomorrow I will be heading into the mountains where the temps will be extreme due to the protection the mountains create from the wind. We will be chasing freshwater bass along a 10km private stretch of river with my daughter. We drop one car at a lower section and paddle down to from higher in the mountains. It takes around 10-12hrs to do depending on how many sections have dried up and how many fish my daughter hooks into. I don't fish on these as its all I can do to simply make it from start to finish with the kayak!!!

35 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Sounds like fun! Don't forget to post up a catch report 👍

Had a good report midweek!!!!  Now that my daughter skippers charter boats, her only days off are when the weather is bad!!!!

So with the weather being pretty disgusting we hitched up the boat and drove three hours south to a harbour we could get out to sea from. My daughter did a little video of me sitting in the boat ramp car park with rain and hail hitting the the car window and me not wanting to get out!!!! Well we did get out but conditions were so poor we decided to hitch the boat back up and try heading out from another harbour, which again weather pushed us back inside. One final launch on our way home ended with a grand catch of 0. A very long wet and battered day, but some how we had so much fun our cheeks hurt from laughing!!!!!

Today she had a nonstop yellowtail kingfish action on the charter.

1 minute ago, JDP said:

Not such a good end to the day. Two swimmers caught in a rip after dark. Numerous search vessels and helicopters searched untill midnight without any sign, doesn't look good.

Very sad to hear that. It really does not sound too hopeful. Geoff.

8 hours ago, Geoff said:

Very sad to hear that. It really does not sound too hopeful. Geoff.

Turns out it was a false alarm, at least it was good training for those of us involved in the local rescue groups. Most of our so called rescues are simply tow jobs, where this was a full on search in rough conditions.