Posting glitches ?

jonnyswamp

The forum software has an auto-save feature. This auto-saves what you put in the Reply box so that you don't lose it.

Is what you see in the Reply box your own response that you typed but didn't hit Submit on previously on the thread, or is it someone else's post that appears in your Reply? If so, did you Quote that person?

Just now, JonC said:

The truth of the matter is our team nerd is spending too much of his time on his boat that he is constantly bragging about. 

WTF has that got to do with the subject of this thread? 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

The forum software has an auto-save feature. This auto-saves what you put in the Reply box so that you don't lose it.

Is what you see in the Reply box your own response that you typed but didn't hit Submit on previously on the thread, or is it someone else's post that appears in your Reply? If so, did you Quote that person?

It's my own previous reply, just seems to stay in the box, but not every time

Just now, jonnyswamp said:

It's my own previous reply, just seems to stay in the box, but not every time

What browser are you using? Mobile or computer?

As it's intermittent I wonder if it's your browser auto-saving what you type - like when you fill in web-forms that ask for your email address, some browsers can remember and auto-populate them.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What browser are you using? Mobile or computer?

As it's intermittent I wonder if it's your browser auto-saving what you type - like when you fill in web-forms that ask for your email address, some browsers can remember and auto-populate them.

I'm on a laptop, windows 10

It's probly my end, no worries

26 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I'm on a laptop, windows 10

It's probly my end, no worries

If it keeps happening let me know and I'll ask the forum software provider if they have had any similar issues reported by their other clients, and if there's a fix.

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

And whilst I think of it, has anyone else experienced similar issues as @jonnyswamp? Or is this an isolated case?

I often have previous quote in my reply box, but I’m pretty sure that is the 1d10t code thing going on at my end. 

Just now, JonC said:

I often have previous quote in my reply box, but I’m pretty sure that is the 1d10t code thing going on at my end. 

Ah yes, the 1d10t code. Funny how it only seems to crop up at your end...