Lockdown again?

JonC

Really strange, I work in construction, plumbing heating refurbishments bathrooms kitchens etc so we work in peoples houses which we are told to carry on doing.  I meet one of my sons almost daily as he is employed by the family business.  So I am allowed to see him during the day but then not allowed to see him after hours but the government says I can meet no end of strange (and yes some are very strange) people in their houses.  I'm not complaining as we have to do what we have to do.  I just wish HMG would just shut everything then there is no reason for anyone to flout or try to avoid the rules.  Just my 2p worth

BTW the lock down started immediately after Boris's announcement. just found this quote in the Express 

Although the new measures will start immediately, the Prime Minister said new laws reinforcing the restrictions will come into 
force within 24 hours.

Edited by Maverick

33 minutes ago, Maverick said:

I just wish HMG would just shut everything

I don’t. I as I’m sure you are are a limited company. If I’m forced to shut I get 0% help. That would not be a good thing. I have to work because I’m not lucky enough to be carried through. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

I don’t. I as I’m sure you are are a limited company. If I’m forced to shut I get 0% help. That would not be a good thing. I have to work because I’m not lucky enough to be carried through. 

Are you still furloughing for some days? I have been doing so for some days when I’m not working, as I have been generally not been doing full working weeks. What I’ve received for it is pretty low but it’s there and I’m entitled to it- I pay more than enough tax and I’m going to try my very best to pay as little as I can in future because as a director of a small company who draws dividends I feel like I’ve been let down. 

2 minutes ago, JonC said:

Are you still furloughing for some days? I have been doing so for some days when I’m not working, as I have been generally not been doing full working weeks. What I’ve received for it is pretty low but it’s there and I’m entitled to it- I pay more than enough tax and I’m going to try my very best to pay as little as I can in future because as a director of a small company who draws dividends I feel like I’ve been let down. 

If I furloughed myself for the whole month jon the most I’d get is £700. That don’t even cover the mortgage. So no point doing that. 

19 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

If I furloughed myself for the whole month jon the most I’d get is £700. That don’t even cover the mortgage. So no point doing that. 

I can furlough for days not worked so I may as well. All helps. I have been trying to condense work and do less days