Lockdown again?

JonC

I will not break the rules or encourage anyone else to if it is clear that we can’t fish, but really? Does it make the slightest toss of difference if people go fishing? When I’m out on the water away from people I’m probably in the safest place to be going.

#totallackofscientificlogic

11 minutes ago, JonC said:

I will not break the rules or encourage anyone else to if it is clear that we can’t fish, but really? Does it make the slightest toss of difference if people go fishing? When I’m out on the water away from people I’m probably in the safest place to be going.

#totallackofscientificlogic

Had that issue many times with Welsh Gov too....

At least Jan and Feb are usually crap weather. Also, if we keep safe now, hopefully we’ll have a good summer chasing lots of big critters, warm sunshine, cold beer and bikini clad ladies on boats.... 

Keep safe, it’s only a few weeks 🙂 

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

Had that issue many times with Welsh Gov too....

At least Jan and Feb are usually crap weather. Also, if we keep safe now, hopefully we’ll have a good summer chasing lots of big critters, warm sunshine, cold beer and bikini clad ladies on boats.... 

Keep safe, it’s only a few weeks 🙂 

I’m still going to work every day so aside from the kids being off school no different to me in practice. 

7 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

We're now trying to work out how to handle work and childcare concurrently. It was a proper nightmare last time... 😭

My daughter is a nurse, so we are the childcare bubble ............ still a nightmare at my age (mid 60's) collecting the kids from 'key worker' school ........... I am trying to persuade her to follow the home learning stuff and I can then supervise them to do it ......... hey, I might even learn something myself !

1 hour ago, JonC said:

My house is/was like a war zone. My youngest has high functioning Autism, she isn’t easy at times and although she is very academically minded she doesn’t get on overly well with home schooling. Our local school is crap they aren’t doing face to face just giving links to videos to watch on line. Totally crap. My middlest daughter who is 14 is a bright girl but like most teenagers is a stroppy cow, she’s got gcse next year so she will really be affected by this. My boy who is 17 sounded like he won the lottery tonight when they said college is closed, he gets so bored at home though- his best way to pass the day is pissing the other two off which he is the master of. No fucking way am I not going to work, I can’t be around this lot all day. 

Ok, so you are able to escape but how is the other half handling it ?

I assume if you are still able to work that other building trades aren't to effected.

Typical lad happy to be away from college!!!

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Mine is still pacing about because he hasn't seen his girlfriend for a week, God knows what he will be like by time this is over!!

How old is he ?

Is your boat project at home so you can keep going on it ?

4 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Stay at home, exercise once per day....

No fishing folks! 

Yes, I fear you are correct as they have removed the word 'recreation'  ................

My 5 yr old Grand Daughter makes us smile as she refers to him as "Doris Bonson" ........... she just can't get his name right ! 🤣

She thinks he is a horrible man because he stops her from going to school with her friends ..........😀

11 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I am trying to persuade her to follow the home learning stuff and I can then supervise them to do it ......... hey, I might even learn something myself !

Based on our own experiences of doing the home learning thing over previous lockdowns, let me just say "be careful what you wish for".

Getting ours to focus on schoolwork in their home setting was hard for them and hard for us. I'm sorry to say that it brought out the worst in our eldest, who really didn't want to engage with his work. When parents are expected to become teachers all the rules and norms seemed to go out of the window as far as the kids were concerned.

57 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I was at the marina this morning to watch my boat get lifted out. Apparently working on your boats is not allowed unless by a contractor. But, the marina manager said he would leave it to my discretion, wink wink.   

I’m sure if you rock in a works van and say you are working on heating you’ll be fine 😉 

Well, we'll be sticking to the rules during this lockdown, just like the last two. Mrs135 and I are both sick of having to juggle being teachers and breadwinners, and frankly, the little 135's would much prefer to be in school too, so if this lockdown is needed to see us through until the vaccine starts having a measurable effect on the infection rates we'll suck it up and do what it takes.

Just glad I replaced the bilge pump on the boat whilst I still could - hopefully I'll avoid finding the bilge masquerading as an olympic swimming pool now.

13 hours ago, JDP said:

How old is he ?

Is your boat project at home so you can keep going on it ?

He's 14 mate. He's seen her once since Xmas and since mid December....

Yeah, the boat project is safe, I have a workshop in the middle of nowhere, so no issues on that front as don't have to mix with people.....

The little uniformed hitlers are on form today, with one telling me to stay at home and that my business post is not a valid reason to be out.

I told him, in no uncertain terms to wind his neck in as the lockdown does not become law until passed by parliament and placed on the statute books.  I also pointed out that online business was allowed to continue and to be encouraged. 🙄