Ground baiting for black bream

So by the end of March, assuming the stay local order is rescinded, we should all be able to get out and drop a line. By that time it'll be getting close to bream time. What ground-baiting/chumming recipes do the Outlaws use for bream then?

I've used plain boiled rice, fish oil and bran in the past. Also small halibut pellets. Anyone got anything that works well on their patch?

• Andy135 changed the title to Ground baiting for black bream

my method is to blend old baits and fish bits from the freezer(thaw first) to a fine paste, then fill zip lock bags 6''x4'', whilst filling add a few stones to ensure it sinks and stays put on the bottom. re-freeze until needed. when fishing (at anchor) cut the bag of and sporadically throw one in front of the boat so it settles under the stern where the baits will be. please note this is a shallow water method. just my two pennyworth. 

1 minute ago, ever optimistic said:

my method is to blend old baits and fish bits from the freezer(thaw first) to a fine paste, then fill zip lock bags 6''x4'', whilst filling add a few stones to ensure it sinks and stays put on the bottom. re-freeze until needed. when fishing (at anchor) cut the bag of and sporadically throw one in front of the boat so it settles under the stern where the baits will be. please note this is a shallow water method. just my two pennyworth. 

That sounds like a convenient method with the zip lock bags. I'm guessing you take the frozen lump of bait out of the bag before sending it down.

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I’ve searched and searched. Just can’t find mackerel rice anywhere. Is this a Welsh thing? 

Yep, special breed. Eats dogfish whole so Andy won’t like it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve not done much bream fishing, but when I have I never groundbait. I’ve found plagues of dogfish follow so benefits are outweighed by negatives sadly 

8 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Yep, special breed. Eats dogfish whole so Andy won’t like it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve not done much bream fishing, but when I have I never groundbait. I’ve found plagues of dogfish follow so benefits are outweighed by negatives sadly 

And I thought you liked catching sharks. 

We have just had a discussion on the PBSBAC site about ground baiting for Bream.  Although a few use groundbait and find it helpful I rarely use it and posted this.

I used to say if you aren't catching Bream you aren't on the right spot.

I agree if you're close to where they are you may tempt them to you however they are mostly there for reasons other than eating so their priority will be on nooky.  If you're not catching move your gear, turn the boats steering wheel fully port and give that a go then if not successful turn the wheel fully the other way (you will be surprised how far the boat moves in the tide)  Trot your tackle back a few metres then wait a few mins then trot back and so on.  Search the ground you are in.  In other words try to plonk your gear on their head and if you don't catch move.

Just my thoughts