Why are we (UK) so expensive

My trim tab control box (PCB full of relays, diodes and other sorcery) died again last week, died once before when a faulty alternator sent 15 odd volts through it and cooked one of the components

Managed to source a replacement and got it soldered in by a mate of a mate and it has worked until now

The switch panel also has a small pcb on the underside, so rather than replace the control panel and keep a possible faulty switch I found that Lenco sell an all in one switch panel with the built in control panel, which also has led's to let you know the tab positions

A quick google brought up plenty on Ebay USA and a few over here

Over here ranged from £450 -£650 plus delivery

Usa was £274 including all import duties and will be with me between 7th and 17th April

I try to buy from British companies when I can, even if it costs a couple of quid extra, but not this time

I know exactly the control box you mean. Can you share the details of where you got it from as I'm also interested in fitting one to mine. Seen the eye-watering cost and lack of supply from UK suppliers - very frustrating.

9 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I know exactly the control box you mean. Can you share the details of where you got it from as I'm also interested in fitting one to mine. Seen the eye-watering cost and lack of supply from UK suppliers - very frustrating.

Did a bit of research and Bennett do a similar version apparently ( I don't know for definite as I found the one above) and will fit Lenco as well

On 4/1/2021 at 12:06 AM, suzook12 said:

As an aside, 15V shouldn't fry anything....

But you can protect over sensitive electronics, but very often it can point to a wiring fault

It was well over 15v, but could have been a coincidence I spose

Don't think there was a wiring fault as could see all connections etc from source to control box

No matter now, I'm getting a shiny new one with lights