All ready to go .............

GPSguru

IMG_1248.thumb.JPG.ef15a3e7d587761d0963b5bc015161bd.JPG

Just finished getting everything ready for tomorrow, I just need to nip into Tesco's in the morning and fill up with fuel.

If the weather holds on the midnight forecast, and the sea is as forecast, then I will be looking at the 30 miles wrecks.

I am hopeful that the neap tide might produce a few fish.

For me, it will be a SPJ day, so just checked the jigs and have about 30 on board ranging form 80g to 250g

If the sea is shite in the morning, then it will be plan B, which is bait fishing on the mudstone ledge.

Edited by GPSguru

22 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Nice one, I will also be out tomorrow on a spur of the moment trip

Your report at the weekend reminded me of a wreck near to where you were that isn't fished much, but has been more than kind to me over the years, it is about 35miles out.

I will probably start on the 12 mile wrecks then go out to the 30mile wrecks if the sea state looks OK.

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Your report at the weekend reminded me of a wreck near to where you were that isn't fished much, but has been more than kind to me over the years, it is about 35miles out.

I will probably start on the 12 mile wrecks then go out to the 30mile wrecks if the sea state looks OK.

I guess that’ll take you 15 minutes to get to! 

7 minutes ago, JonC said:

I guess that’ll take you 15 minutes to get to! 

Nah ......... I tend to cruise at 25knts, which is about 3500rpm ............ so about one and half hours steam out to 30 miles .........

About 30 mins or so, out to the 12 mile wrecks

Edited by GPSguru

2 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Nah ......... I tend to cruise at 25knts, which is about 3500rpm ............ so about one and half hours steam out to 30 miles .........

About 30 mins or so, out to the 12 mile wrecks

It’s a good idea dumping that old wreck in front of your boat to stop it getting nicked off your drive, they will never move that thing .🤣

23 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s a good idea dumping that old wreck in front of your boat to stop it getting nicked off your drive, they will never move that thing .🤣

We have had the Jeep since new, but although very reliable, it is showing its age now............

1 hour ago, GPSguru said:

Just finished getting everything ready for tomorrow, I just need to nip into Tesco's in the morning and fill up with fuel.

If the weather hold on the midnight forecast, and the sea is as forecast, then I will be looking at the 30 miles wrecks.

For me, it will be a SPJ day, so just checked the jigs and have about 30 on board ranging form 80g to 250g

If the sea is shite in the morning, then it will be plan B, which is bait fishing on the mudstone ledge.

Is that identical Rod/Reel set ups ? 

6 minutes ago, Ivan Tuna said:

Is that identical Rod/Reel set ups ? 

Yes, on the port side  all 8 - 15's with charter specials ............ on the starboard side is the jigging rods and a 12 -20

The wife will be gilling, so after a break off , I just pick up another ready rigged rod .............

On 4/19/2021 at 9:07 PM, GPSguru said:

If the weather holds on the midnight forecast, and the sea is as forecast, then I will be looking at the 30 miles wrecks.

Make you pay the parking fine else tgey take the clamp off.... 😉 

Tight lines hood you get a few 🙂 

Ive got 300kg of mackerel arriving tomorrow, that’s the closest I’m getting to a fish at the moment..... 😢😢😢😢