Monday 19th April

Cuda4

Well after reading some of the reports about local fishing I thought it was going to be a waisted trip out,departed Haslar at around 9am only to leave the entrance to Portsmouth harbour into a wall of fog,made my way to one of my marks at the blocks at Southsea for a days fishing,the sun finally burnt the mist away and it turned out to be a nice clear day and we were the only boat there untill 2 others turned up later in the day,well that's enough on the weather😃now for the fishing,it did start a bit slow but we were soon into doggers (sorry Andy couldn't be bothered to measure them) and small whiting, then came the fish we were after I had a nice knock on the rod which turned out to be a nice plaice weighing in at 2lb 10oz,not long later a thornback of 5lb came onboard and was returned to get bigger,another period follewed dogs than twp plaice one after the other both weighing in at 1lb and 1.5lb, so all in all a good day.

Must also give a shout out to Cosham angling as the ragworm was superb and at £16 per pound👍,I also took some frozen lug with me from my stock in the freeze but strangely only attracted dogs.

DSC03084.JPG

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Top dangling Steve and a cracking plaice , well done indeed. 
I see no sign of your new hoodie though? Did you not know it’s compulsory to wear whenever on your boat? 👍🏻

Cheers,saving the hoodie for Sunday best😂