Tripping your anchor.

How do you get on running through your bow roller? I’m thinking the cable ties will just get smashed? I don’t have my anchor rigged to trip as I don’t ever fish over rough ground but it does make sense. 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

How do you get on running through your bow roller? I’m thinking the cable ties will just get smashed? I don’t have my anchor rigged to trip as I don’t ever fish over rough ground but it does make sense. 

Yeah I don’t have mine rigged to trip either on my current boat. I do think about doing it, however just like my glasses, I keep forgetting to take the ties with me. 

8 minutes ago, JonC said:

I have the same trip link set up on Apache as shown in the vid that Neil posted. No problem at all with running through the bow roller.

4 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I have the same trip link set up on Apache as shown in the vid that Neil posted. No problem at all with running through the bow roller.

What windlass did you have? I know it doesn’t get to the windlass but out of curiosity? 

26 minutes ago, JonC said:

What windlass did you have? I know it doesn’t get to the windlass but out of curiosity? 

No windlass on Apache. I use the Alderney method on her.

I have a Quick Prince on Jersey Girl running 12mm 3 strand and 6mm chain IIRC.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

No windlass on Apache. I use the Alderney method on her.

I have a Quick Prince on Jersey Girl running 12mm 3 strand and 6mm chain IIRC.

Your windlass also struggles doesn’t it. What is the problem with yours, is it the rope bunching up? 

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Your windlass also struggles doesn’t it. What is the problem with yours, is it the rope bunching up? 

Same as the problem you mentioned about all the other windlasses you've had. It retrieves chain perfectly, but the rope doesn't fall away quick enough so it catches on the opposite side of the hawse hole and bunches back up into the gypsy.