One last fling

jonnyswamp

With our (Welsh) lockdown starting Friday at 6pm and lasting at least 17 days, I'm going to venture out on Thursday

Have checked with the boss, who's a bit of a twat, and moved a couple of jobs about to make it possible

I can see the locks being quite busy Thursday and Friday

Luckily, I have a good reason to be out of my county, I have to look at a boiler breakdown in an apartment right next to Cardiff Bay 😉

19 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

With our (Welsh) lockdown starting Friday at 6pm and lasting at least 17 days, I'm going to venture out on Thursday

Have checked with the boss, who's a bit of a twat, and moved a couple of jobs about to make it possible

I can see the locks being quite busy Thursday and Friday

Luckily, I have a good reason to be out of my county, I have to look at a boiler breakdown in an apartment right next to Cardiff Bay 😉

Ahhh the old broken boiler excuse, I’ve used it well myself (just to get out the house). 

29 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I was supposed to be fitting a new one next week, but the twat binned me off for a cheaper quote

I sincerely hope they get what they pay for

Peanuts and monkeys

What’s your brand of choice ? I’m a vaillant man. 

Ah! A local heating engineer 🙂 always good to know 🙂 

I’m in the process of buying a house and I’m not sure on the heating system etc so I maybe after you to help out 🙂 

#KeepItLocal 🙂 

10 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I’m in the process of buying a house and I’m not sure on the heating system etc so I maybe after you to help out 🙂 

#KeepItLocal 🙂 

Mates rates eh ! 

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

What’s your brand of choice ? I’m a vaillant man. 

Always used to be Vaillant, but think they are outpricing themselves, although I think they're still good

I like the Baxi 830's, 10 yr warrantee and all brass internals

Won't use Worcester, overpriced and full of plastic

33 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

#KeepItLocal 🙂 

Get in touch when the time comes, if you're buying a house, insist that the seller gives you a current gas safety certificate 

Preferably one carried out recently, gives you an idea of the boiler condition

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Always used to be Vaillant, but think they are outpricing themselves, although I think they're still good

I like the Baxi 830's, 10 yr warrantee and all brass internals

Won't use Worcester, overpriced and full of plastic

Not really fitted too many baxis, only one Ive done was in a cheap rental. Can’t remember the model but it was a condenser that only used a switch live, no perm live or pump overrun.

it’s worked well for the past 5 years. 

2 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've fitted quite a few, cupboard fit and can be a bit fiddly to pipe up

Suppose time will tell whether they are quality or not

Have changed 4/5 Vaillant pcb's over the last 3 weeks, you get many go on your patch

On the older R1/2 ecotecs I’ve changed a couple but not too many. The pressure vessels are more troublesome I find. Luckily my parts shop sell an after market vessel for £60 + vat, which is half the original price. Funny thing is there made by the same firm !!

Im an institutionalised Vaillant man, been fitting them for 25 years or so. 
Play golf badly with the area sales rep and get £90 cash back on every boiler 👍🏻

5 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

On the older R1/2 ecotecs I’ve changed a couple but not too many. The pressure vessels are more troublesome I find. Luckily my parts shop sell an after market vessel for £60 + vat, which is half the original price. Funny thing is there made by the same firm !!

Im an institutionalised Vaillant man, been fitting them for 25 years or so. 
Play golf badly with the area sales rep and get £90 cash back on every boiler 👍🏻

I used to know our local rep quite well, he moved on to pastures new and have only met his replacement a couple of times

Changed a vessel last week, think I paid 90 odd plus vat

I used to be the same regarding Vaillant, visited their training centre in Yate whilst an apprentice (about 86/87) and was very impressed

19 minutes ago, JonC said:

It’s great to see that Tadpole has been given internet access of an evening now, that therapy must be doing wonders. Hang on in there little fella, you might make it yet. 

❤️.. Thanks man, means the world coming from you. 🤗

18 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Yep all boilers are white ! 

Every day is a school day mucker!