Deck wash pump hose

1 hour ago, Saintly Fish said:

Between sea cock and pump. 

On my boat it is just some really thick garden hose, not the usual soft hozelock stuff but really hard yellow stuff. 
Try a hydraulics place like pirtek etc, but as long as it’s double clipped with stainless jubilees it’s never going to burst, a deck wash is only about 4 bar I think.

20 minutes ago, JonC said:

This hose is from screwfix, no good at all for what you need, I’m not sure if the numbers mean anything compared to other brands 

EA61EEAD-5F41-43B6-A133-FDA7B287898C.jpeg

0CE8EFD4-0308-46DB-A808-8FDC9717DF2E.jpeg

Yeah thanks Jon, I wasn’t planning on using garden hose, seeing as the one that’s on there already is armoured. 

4 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Hi

whats the best hose to replace my collapsed one? I can’t quite make out the markings on it. I know it’s 19x26 reinforced. 
Is there a best make to look out for? 

I would probably use reinforced transparent hose, often use on boats.

This sort of thing but larger dia

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/flexible-tubes/3680205/?cm_mmc=UK-PLA-DS3A-_-google-_-CSS_UK_EN_Plumbing_%26_Pipeline_Whoop-_-Flexible+Tubes_Whoop-_-3680205&matchtype=&pla-301983312911&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqryPrtzl8AIVSajVCh0fNgtfEAQYBCABEgJhdPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

12 hours ago, GPSguru said:

Trouble with that is it's only pressure reinforced and Neil is fitting suction side and already collapsed one hose. Proper suction hose would do a better job.....

I also wonder if its a sign that the hose and fittings are on the small side for the pump? Maybe 1" bore would have been a better option? Worth a thought when boat is next lifted for maintenance

12 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Trouble with that is it's only pressure reinforced and Neil is fitting suction side and already collapsed one hose. Proper suction hose would do a better job.....

I also wonder if its a sign that the hose and fittings are on the small side for the pump? Maybe 1" bore would have been a better option? Worth a thought when boat is next lifted for maintenance

I think what has happened is that somebody put the pump on but never turned the sea cock on. Then it’s been sucked in to itself. 

1 minute ago, Saintly Fish said:

I think what has happened is that somebody put the pump on but never turned the sea cock on. Then it’s been sucked in to itself. 

Fair enough, that would explain it 👍