Jigging or trolling rod?

Off to Lanzarote for a while and may hire a boat for a spot of fishing. My Greys and Ugly Stik boat rods don't break down smaller than about 6ft plus the butt section, not good for travelling. I am thinking of buying something relatively cheap at Decathlon out there. Looking at their web site, they separate their boat rods into jigging rods and trolling rods, both offered in a variety of weights. I would like the option to do both types of fishing as well as a bit of live baiting on the drift.

Can anyone explain the difference between jigging rods and trolling rods and how interchangeable you would consider them to be please?

5 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Why not just get one of these…

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/RodsTravelRods/Penn-Squadron-II-SW-Travel-Spin-Rods.htm

will cover most fishing. 

Good suggestion and I agree, but my challenge is I was not planning for boat fishing until an offer of possible shared rentals was received this afternoon. We leave crack of sparrows on Wednesday so a delivery in time is unlikely and too risky to chance.

You can do both with either. I pull lures with jigging rods and also use them for live baiting and chasing big game. The fact many jigging rods are very parabolic makes easy work on heavy weight fish rather than hard work on the angler. Shimano recently revamped their grappler range which are proving quite popular, some of the range haven't even reached their own website but are available in store. In saying that I haven't used one apart from bent a few in store but they do a three piece one for travelling.

6 hours ago, Pecheur Anglais said:

Good suggestion and I agree, but my challenge is I was not planning for boat fishing until an offer of possible shared rentals was received this afternoon. We leave crack of sparrows on Wednesday so a delivery in time is unlikely and too risky to chance.

Then take a look at this…. Next day delivery on Amazon prime

Smuggler 7 Travel Fishing Rod & Case. 260 cm (8' 6') 235cm (7' 8") nano-carbon fishing rod options. 7 Pieces 2 tips. For Spin Bait Carp Pike Sea Fishing https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G8L66R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9BM8Y872FXW1VF5A2JJA

10 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

Then take a look at this…. Next day delivery on Amazon prime

Smuggler 7 Travel Fishing Rod & Case. 260 cm (8' 6') 235cm (7' 8") nano-carbon fishing rod options. 7 Pieces 2 tips. For Spin Bait Carp Pike Sea Fishing https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07G8L66R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_9BM8Y872FXW1VF5A2JJA

They look good. Thanks very much!