Lifting a boat onto stands

Currently trying to find someone to lift our boat off the trailer, onto stands and then back onto the trailer when we have painted the underside.

All the quotes we are having so far are around £400. Seems a lot to me, anyone got a better idea? thinking of trying to find someone with a hiab lorry to do it for us

Car Jack under your trailer so its off the floor (with boat on it). 

chock underneath boat to take the weight, lower Jack and voila! Pull trailer out 🙂 

If it's just for paint, it should be possible without the boat leaving the trailer. It should be possible to paint round the trailer rollers, then once the paint's dry, back off the trailer winch slightly and move the boat back by 6 inches or so on the rollers then touch up the spots where the rollers were. Once dry, you can winch back into position.

Granted, it'll be a faff painting the hull with the boat on the trailer - only you can decide whether it's £400-worth of faff though.

I’ve lifted a few boats up to 17’ off of the trailer by using two trolley jacks, as @Odysseysaid and creating the trailer out . Put a decent bit of timber at a right angle to the keel to clear the rollers . 

Or just paint in the trailer with a sheet over the trailer in the area you’re working 

I have the same problem on my "river" Carerra 64 rollers and a right pfaff to paint around them. Antifoul paint bought and waiting in our porch, but it can stay there until next retrieval in November when I will get it on blocks. Geoff.

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Car Jack under your trailer so its off the floor (with boat on it). 

chock underneath boat to take the weight, lower Jack and voila! Pull trailer out 🙂 

Thought about that except the trailer is wider than the boat.

Apparently a mate of a mate has a hiab and might lift it for beer money. We tried to do what we can on on trailer but it will just make everything take ages. There is lots of old flaky anti foul and so needs a sand to get rid of it and there just isn't space with the trailer.