Spinning rod

Andy135

What do you define as a good action? Personally I prefer a fast tip action, but others like a through action that bends into the last third of the rod. If you can be more specific on what sort of action you like we can give better suggestions.

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What do you define as a good action? Personally I prefer a fast tip action, but others like a through action that bends into the last third of the rod. If you can be more specific on what sort of action you like we can give better suggestions.

Fish catching action. 

6 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

You know the spinning rod I use to blank on the mackerel!! 
mine like that is good enough. It’s pretty soft and casts around 10-45g

The Hart Absolutes have a soft action and cast that sort of weight. I have an 8ft version, but they may do longer if that's what your/you're after. You're welcome to have a wiggle of mine next time we're out.

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

The Hart Absolutes have a soft action and cast that sort of weight. I have an 8ft version, but they may do longer if that's what your/you're after. You're welcome to have a wiggle of mine next time we're out.

Do they stock them at Poingdestres ? Can I get one by 12pm tomorrow? 

"Ah, thanks Andy, I really appreciate your help and advice after I snapped my favourite spinning rod due to my own ineptitude"

But no... instead I get

15 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Some help you are 🙄

FFS... 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Andy135 said:

"Ah, thanks Andy, I really appreciate your help and advice after I snapped my favourite spinning rod due to my own ineptitude"

But no... instead I get

FFS... 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Serves you right for being mean and laughing earlier!! 🤣

Just now, Saintly Fish said:

Serves you right for being mean and laughing earlier!! 🤣

Well, it was funny. And remind me, exactly how many rods is it you've lost this season?? 🤣

1 minute ago, Scotch_Egg2012 said:

I purchased Nomura Kanji early last month,  really like the rod and has good reviews.  You need to not be bothered by the rods colour though as its white.

That's the one that Graeme Pullen uses IIRC?