Lowrance 330c Value

I was chatting with one of the other dads at my boys football and he has given me a 4hp Yamaha 2 stroke outboard and a Lowrance 330c that were his fathers. 

He wants £25 for the outboard as he has no idea when it last ran but neither of us have any idea on the value of the Lowrance. Looking online it seems they were current in about 2004 and around £500 then, what is a fair price now?

I think he'll accept anything but I want to give him a fair price

Adam

The 330c is very old tech. Bear in mind that this particular example has unknown-to-you history and could have had a hard life. Does it work? Can you see it working and test all the buttons/functions etc?

If it were me, I'd keep my money in my pocket to put towards a new Lowrance Hook2 or similar but if you feel obliged to make him an offer then Zook has made a good suggestion: £25 for the o/b and £25 for the plotter.

Thanks, he has given it all to me to test out, looks like everything is in the box except the mounting bracket which I assume stayed on the boat. I'll get it connected to a battery this weekend and see what happens.

Can't decide if I should spend much time checking the outboard over or just put some fuel in it and see if it starts 🤔 

2 minutes ago, LostPiker said:

Thanks, he has given it all to me to test out, looks like everything is in the box except the mounting bracket which I assume stayed on the boat. I'll get it connected to a battery this weekend and see what happens.

Can't decide if I should spend much time checking the outboard over or just put some fuel in it and see if it starts 🤔 

The outboard may well have been chucked in the shed with old fuel in I'm not sure how hard it is to run some carb cleaner through it first? 

Even a carb rebuild kit (comes with new jets and float needle etc) isn't that dear. 4hp outboards fetch good money, at least in this area, as the river licence fees step up significantly after 4hp (Great Ouse system).

£300 all day long this way minimum

9 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

For £25 you’re going to want to put a spark plug, check the impeller and clean the carb. Chances are it’s clogged up 

Not really, first job is to see if it will run, clean the old plug, check for spark, throw some fres and give it a whirl.... I wouldn't bother doing service items until I knew it was a goer.....

Ahh but thats where a £25 non runner starts becoming a £125 non runner..... If its got compression, it's got a chance, if its got a spark, an even better chance, fresh fuel, its got a chance, theres always easy start...... Changing impellor etc at this point adds nothing. You wouldn't want to do all that and find the big end knocks.....

Adam what GPS puck does the 330c come with as if it is compatible I have a working Lowrance 3500c unit, GPS puck has failed, with a chart card that covers the whole of the UK you can have for covering postage.

Thinking about it if you are prepared to get a GPS antenna for my 3500c you can have it as I have replaced it with a Simrad unit.

42 minutes ago, headlight said:

Adam what GPS puck does the 330c come with as if it is compatible I have a working Lowrance 3500c unit, GPS puck has failed, with a chart card that covers the whole of the UK you can have for covering postage.

Thinking about it if you are prepared to get a GPS antenna for my 3500c you can have it as I have replaced it with a Simrad unit.

that is extremely generous. It seems the GPS pucks are the same, have sent you a PM