A red letter day out on ta boat “35miles”

fishybuisness

6 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Top reports with some very nice fish there Dave! Well played👍

It was just a really nice weekend as a whole. Its nice when things work out but im now thinking maybe a bit more footage would have been good. Maybe i should set up a go pro and make a channel and …..

no that would spoil the fun

The wrecks at 20 - 40 miles out have been stuffed with Bass for at least the last 3 weeks. I was going out on a friends boat 2weeks ago, but had to decline at the last minute due to a covid scare. He came in early, they went to 8 different wrecks after Pollock / Ling and couldn't get past the Bass, all of which were a decent size.

Edited by GPSguru

50 minutes ago, fishybuisness said:

Maybe i should set up a go pro and make a channel and …..

no that would spoil the fun

Funny you should say that. I bought a Go Pro last January and have used it maybe a couple of times on fishing trips throughout the year - I find it gets in the way of enjoying the moment, or enjoying the day as a whole if I have to worry about framing the shots etc. My intent was not to start a channel rather to take some interesting videos for my own pleasure, but it's just not as fun as being "in the moment" with crew celebrating a fantastic dogfish catch.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Funny you should say that. I bought a Go Pro last January and have used it maybe a couple of times on fishing trips throughout the year - I find it gets in the way of enjoying the moment, or enjoying the day as a whole if I have to worry about framing the shots etc. My intent was not to start a channel rather to take some interesting videos for my own pleasure, but it's just not as fun as being "in the moment" with crew celebrating a fantastic dogfish catch.

Mine is always mounted on the top of the A frame, I religiously mount it every time before I leave, however, the 7 is well known for its 'wake up' bugs and because of that I tend not to use it too much because of the faff, which gets in the way of the fishing.

19 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

Mine is always mounted on the top of the A frame, I religiously mount it every time before I leave, however, the 7 is well known for its 'wake up' bugs and because of that I tend not to use it too much because of the faff, which gets in the way of the fishing.

Theres a fix for that buddy 

i know it sounds silly but if you put it in the freezer until frozen the firmware reboots fresh and the problem normally goes away. Its something to do with the pic chips inside