Pantographic wipers

I have a 2004 Arvor 250 with shit windscreen wipers, are there any pantograph arms that will fit straight on to the existing spindles ( obviously with the use of a plate/extra stud to hold the 2nd arm)

Don't really fancy throwing £500 + at new arms, blades AND motors if I can help it

What have you got @JonC single arms or pantograph ?

48 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

I have a 2004 Arvor 250 with shit windscreen wipers, are there any pantograph arms that will fit straight on to the existing spindles ( obviously with the use of a plate/extra stud to hold the 2nd arm)

Don't really fancy throwing £500 + at new arms, blades AND motors if I can help it

What have you got @JonC single arms or pantograph ?

No, I’ve just got the single wiper on the starboard side. Can you just replace the pants ones with standard single wipers on the same switch? 

51 minutes ago, JonC said:

No, I’ve just got the single wiper on the starboard side. Can you just replace the pants ones with standard single wipers on the same switch? 

They're both crap, there's one new single arm and two new blades and neither blade touches all the screen on the full sweep of the arm

Plus I find that the blades could do with being a few inches longer to clear more of the top of the screen, but that will just mean the longer blade overlapping the join in the 2 screens and the outside edge, causing quicker wear

4 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

that will just mean the longer blade overlapping the join in the 2 screens and the outside edge, causing quicker wear

I have the same problem with my wipers. They arc around about 3 inches from the top of the screen but just about touch the bottom of the screen. I find this a slight annoyance, but live with it.

2 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I have the same problem with my wipers. They arc around about 3 inches from the top of the screen but just about touch the bottom of the screen. I find this a slight annoyance, but live with it.

I could also live with it, if the rest of the wiper actually wiped

44 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

They're both crap, there's one new single arm and two new blades and neither blade touches all the screen on the full sweep of the arm

Plus I find that the blades could do with being a few inches longer to clear more of the top of the screen, but that will just mean the longer blade overlapping the join in the 2 screens and the outside edge, causing quicker wear

Is your screen flat or rounded like the smaller cheaper boats us poor people have? 

1 hour ago, jonnyswamp said:

Rounded, tcs chandlery sell panto arms, I may get one and see if I can modify it to fit

£40/£50 but worth a go I think

My daughter crewed in a few races for a guy who works or manages/ owns or something TCS,  Im working on a discount 🤣🤣🤣

8 hours ago, Gordmac said:

Try bending the arm a bit to effectively increase the spring tension. Can you move it round on the spline a bit to change the area wiped?

8 hours ago, Gordmac said:

Try bending the arm a bit to effectively increase the spring tension. Can you move it round on the spline a bit to change the area wiped?

Have tried that, didn't really make much difference, moving the arm socket around the splines just causes the wiper to wipe fresh air or go over the central aluminum strip joining the 2 screens