A Bream rod ?

I'm after a different 10ft ish spinning rod for Bream

I have a 10ft Ugly stik spinning rod and although it does the job, it's a bit too forgiving, it bends from the butt

I've been looking at a Tubertini Talaxa 3.0M with twin tips

Has anyone got any experience with this rod ?

19 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Thought the whole point of a spinning rod was the through action.... And leave Rod's butt out of it!! 🤣🤣

Could well be me then, although the first spinner I bought the other month (a Sakura IIRC) was tippy, but a better action than the Ugly stik

But I snapped the tip on the first day I used it and couldn't get an exact replacement from the same shop

So bought the cheaper Shakespeare as I needed one for the next trip

You know what they say, buy in haste repent at leisure

I did the same with the fixed spool, bought one without a free spool lever

So if anyone wants to buy a Shakespeare uglystick 10ft spinning rod with a Penn 4500 spinfisher mark VI, drop me a line

Only been used 3 times 🙄

1 hour ago, suzook12 said:

Thought the whole point of a spinning rod was the through action.... And leave Rod's butt out of it!! 🤣🤣

I've never heard of spinning rods being through-action. All bar one of mine are fast/tip action as they're used for flinging lures out. A through-action rod just bends without transmitting all of the casting power to the lure.

@jonnyswamp As for a bream rod, Trabucco's seem to be well thought of but if you're set on a spinning rod, try to find a 10ft Rovex Plugger. I've had the 8 and 9ft versions and really rate them. I use the 9ft for bream on the boat and would happily try the 10ft.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201366050104

14 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I've never heard of spinning rods being through-action. All bar one of mine are fast/tip action as they're used for flinging lures out. A through-action rod just bends without transmitting all of the casting power to the lure.

@jonnyswamp As for a bream rod, Trabucco's seem to be well thought of but if you're set on a spinning rod, try to find a 10ft Rovex Plugger. I've had the 8 and 9ft versions and really rate them. I use the 9ft for bream on the boat and would happily try the 10ft.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201366050104

Strange, all of mine have been a through action, soft tip to fling the lure, beefing up in the middle to set the hooks etc and power right down to the butt for stopping those big lumps and being able to absorb big lunges right under the tip......

A float/match rod is tippy

I had a decent size skate in Panama on a little 6ft okuma spinning rod, and that thing bent right round 180 degrees, and to a point, all of my spinning rods will do that, just a lot more effort required, a tippy rod would snap either itself or the line/hook long before getting to that point

Daiwa TD black 2020 are great bream rods, specially made for bream. There are dozens of rods in the Daiwa black range and in my opinion represent the excellent value in this line of rods. By the way these extremely light rods will handle bigger fish but most of the time we are on line class of around 4lb, so stopping fish of 6kg+ takes a bit longer. My daughter will catch and release 20-40 bream each session in her kayak chasing bream on soft plastics. In the old days bream were mostly targeted with bait but that's far less common these days.

86F35021-1ABA-4DEA-8670-97BE2CCE098D.thumb.jpeg.96fa783d1c9857b4ec254f886df5cda1.jpeg

25C0EA4D-86DF-455D-87A7-F03762DDB12C_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.51882f31aa70007b9ac7a24ca05f5880.jpeg