Not my boat

JDP

8 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Nice long period to the swell 🙂 makes it a bit easier than the usual short chop we get….

Very professionally done though 🙂 

Conditions don't get much better than that as we tend to always have swell in this part of the country which is why its so popular among surfers. When I take my boat up north it reminds me more of the UK with mostly wind waves and not so much consistent swell.

A couple of days ago with again virtually no wind but with the waves forming a bit further out. This represents no issues coming in unless you have an engine fail or overshoot a wave but heading offshore in small boats trying to judge the waves ahead of you running out can be tricky some mornings. Also the fact we tend to head out as the sun is ahead of us on sunrise, so most do the run in poor light just before the sun pops up on the horizon. 

When we get big swells and wind is when inexperienced boaters get in trouble here, with several deaths each year from simply crossing the bar and numerous but rollovers. When the waves get really good you have to avoid around 20-30 surfers out front!!!!