Live report

JDP

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Last cast... until the next one 😉

No, home now eating some sort of prawn thing she's made.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

You're having a great session! 👏👏

Andy its pretty much always like this if you put the effort in and can read the water ok, my problem is I only bother if I have someone who wants to target this sort of stuff. We didn't get any whalers or hounds which is normally the most common species we get. There have been some big hounds up around 30kg caught by the commercial set line guys.

Didn't think I managed to get a pic of the salmon in the surf on the phone but it turns out I did, even if it is poor quality. This school was approx 150 long, one of three schools we spotted in the 10 min walk along the beach. These salmon have muscle tissue more like tuna, hence why they aren't so popular to eat, they are pretty good smoked. A salmon is extremely hard fighting and don't seem to ware out, great fun in light tackle.

Using the phone seemed problematic. Firstly I had changed the spelling in the tittle but when I posted it reverted back to the t missing. Also the pics that posted sideways weren't sideways on my phone when posted. I think perhaps having 2-3 bars didn't help with posting but it was fun to try and keep uk with the action at the time. trying to use a torch as the camera light and press the photo button was tricky!!!

IMG_4855.thumb.JPG.07bda07b165def8d090e43d8b9679ae9.JPG

• Andy135 changed the title to Live report