Grounding is lifted !

GPSguru

That’s great news 🙂 

The weatger does indeed look good but I’m working sadly…. 

Im bring boat back to Cardiff today but the temptation for a last trip to Celtic deeps was strong…. However 14 double figure cod caught between 5 boats in one day off Cardiff is pulling me back…. The channel is starting to fish well and I didn’t get out last season, the one before was cut short due to illness so time to hopefully feel that nod nod of cod. 

Grest that you have a good consultant and are looking after you. At least no chance of Covid out on the wrecks! Hope the fish have missed you and are wanting to say hi to your lures 🙂 or baits for the bigger ones! 

Long term suffer of Crohns/Colitus here am on Methotrixate tablets and Adalimumab injections. Don’t know if you have looked into diet but the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) has helped me in the past. It’s quite hardcore and there is a period of adjustment- cravings - for carbs. 

Glad you are sharing as its one of those hidden illnesses and while I have so many - - shit my pants in public humorous stories - that I do have to laugh about - running to the toilet can be embarrassing as a grown up.   

Get that inflammation down and kept in check - good luck 💪🏼

20 minutes ago, Captain Sensible said:

Long term suffer of Crohns/Colitus here am on Methotrixate tablets and Adalimumab injections. Don’t know if you have looked into diet but the SCD (specific carbohydrate diet) has helped me in the past. It’s quite hardcore and there is a period of adjustment- cravings - for carbs. 

Glad you are sharing as its one of those hidden illnesses and while I have so many - - shit my pants in public humorous stories - that I do have to laugh about - running to the toilet can be embarrassing as a grown up.   

Get that inflammation down and kept in check - good luck 💪🏼

My mum has UC and had had it for nearly 23 years. Started when I was 15 so although I’ve not got it myself I can understand the issues it’s causes… 

Its more common than people think. It’s one of those “invisible disabilities” that can easily get overlooked… 

Hats off to you guys for keeping on going and getting out on boats etc. Takes some determination to not let it get you down!

14 hours ago, Captain Sensible said:

Long term suffer of Crohns/Colitus here am on Methotrixate tablets and Adalimumab injections.

Sorry to hear that Captain.

This hit me about 3 and half years ago, and the consultant is determined to try and find a solution that puts me into long term remission.

I was on adalimumab (amgevita) weekly injections which is twice the recommended dose, however, after  a period of 4 months it seemed to be working by relieving the symptoms by 50%, but I still had to be mega careful with my food. The blood tests I have just had showed that I had quickly developed antibodies to fight the drug, so its effectiveness was getting less and less.

Extremely high levels (60mg) of corticosteroids (Prednisolone) has worked for me in the past, but the remission has been short term (6 weeks) and then it kicks off again.

I am currently on Pentasa (permanently) and a 'heavy weight' dose Budesonide (a glucocorticoid) for 6 weeks, then I will be going onto Tofacitinib (Xeljanz) to see if that kicks it into touch.

Right now, the Budesonide seems to be working very well indeed, in just 3 days.

Yes, you are right, it is a 'shit' disease 🤣

Edited by GPSguru