Cardiff boat

Abozzy

Another cod less trip out of cardiff, fished the last 2 hours of the flood this evening and 4 of the ebb with just one blonde few dogs and a strap eel, whilst pulling up the blonde it was a real struggle and not knowing what it was lol until a seal appeared with a good mouth hold on the tail lol the seal stayed around with us hitting dogfish on the way up and even taking our squid nice night on the water shame about the fishing let’s hope the wind and fishing improves for Sunday 

Good work. Shame about the robbing seal though.

I had a similar experience lure fishing from shore once. Had a wrasse that took off like a rocket about half way in. Thought I'd hooked the Meg until a seal's head pops up with my fish in its mouth and my lure in the fish's mouth. 😆

I heard from a mate it was quiet out there….

Im pushing the committee to make the call as early as possible about the comp, I don’t want to up at 5 to make a call on the day…

I’ll keep you posted 

16 minutes ago, Abozzy said:

Yeah cheers with the lack of cod at the moment and winds not looking like dying down don’t think I’ll be to disappointed if it is actually postponed 😩

That’s the line I’m trying to use…. I’m keen we make a call as early as we can so people aren’t dragging boats around and the shops got a bit of extra time to sell bait. Saturday looks good so im tempted to have little try in the morning maybe… depends on when I can collect bait as don’t want to let the guy down as I’ve booked it all etc 

Yeah may try again Saturday myself hoping things improve lol yesterday where we where fishing on the ebb the tide was hammering through and although we where on bottom baits where untouched, anyone got any pointers on where to go on the ebb when tide is strong lol

You just got to keep moving, if it’s hammering try the coral near the Ranny, you’ve got Sully bay, tgst can be good on the ebb. Other option is the foreshore and Cardiff north buoy. 

Failing that you can try on the inside of the mid Cardiff bank halfway along, you get a bit less tide there 

Edited by Odyssey

On 11/18/2021 at 10:37 AM, Odyssey said:

That’s the line I’m trying to use…. I’m keen we make a call as early as we can so people aren’t dragging boats around and the shops got a bit of extra time to sell bait. Saturday looks good so im tempted to have little try in the morning maybe… depends on when I can collect bait as don’t want to let the guy down as I’ve booked it all etc 

Not looking promising for Sunday🙄

20 hours ago, Odyssey said:

You just got to keep moving, if it’s hammering try the coral near the Ranny, you’ve got Sully bay, tgst can be good on the ebb. Other option is the foreshore and Cardiff north buoy. 

Failing that you can try on the inside of the mid Cardiff bank halfway along, you get a bit less tide there 

Can someone give me marks for the safe areas on sunday please lol

Ok if you look at the attached you’ll want to be in Sully bay. You need to keep moving to make sure you got the right amount of tide. Should be blonde Ray central but you can get nice cod here, I’ve had a few doubles out of here 🙂 

Avoid the red area on the flood tide. That’s the Ranny tide race, it’s going to be nasty there…. 
 You can try Cardiff foreshore too, it’s opposite the barrage other side of the docks. 

10% fee of all prizes for biggest cod as consultancy fees payable in cash out of your winning to me after the comp 😉😂😇

9D3374D7-5C16-430B-B040-7BE3DD6FCEE8.jpeg

7 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

Any cod on anyone's decks ?

We're wide off sully hospital and only conger and a rockling up to know

Looks like Odyssey has moved close in after being about a mile down channel of us 

That was my worst days fishing ever sully was rays and straps then the ranni was an epic event in my 16ft boat 🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Tankybouy said:

That was my worst days fishing ever sully was rays and straps then the ranni was an epic event in my 16ft boat 🤣🤣

At least you got back in under your own steam. Saw a few under tow

Yeah, rannie was choppy on way back up 

The locks were a joke though, they've had months to prepare for this and couldn't manage to dredge the locks so that all could be used

The queues were horrendous, boats stacked up out side the wrach channel

45 minutes ago, Tankybouy said:

We quit an locked in at 1 45 was way to lumpy to enjoy fishing bloody glad i did now after seeing the last few hours of posts lol absolute carnage 

Yeah, the committee have taken a slating judging by some facebook posts I have been sent

They always had a policy of catering for the small boat when deciding if the comp should go ahead, don't think they did today

Heard there was a few dummies spat out at the weigh in as it was slightly extended, then closed with still dozens of boats stuck in or waiting outside the locks

Hard day weather wise even harder fishing, I ain’t one to judge any organisers it is what it was lol we all had the option to go to sea but personally if I was in charge I’d have pulled the plug on it yesterday but hey they do have a hard job and it is run for free labour by the organisers I can’t wait for next year hopefully more luck weather and fishing wise btw if anyone has a 9.25 Jeannau you have barnicles and weed on the underneath of your boat had a clear view of your bottom when you where next to us in the ranny 🤣