Weather Window

Odyssey

Hopefully a run home.... need to refuel first.... the painful bit 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Be nice to have the boat closer to home. Even if weather is rubbish I can get a few inside jobs done over the winter 🙂 

Pah 

Forecasr has changed again.... Marginal at best for a run home now.... only benefit is that it would be behind me but even so, taking a hammering on the way home dont appeal that much....

Will sulk in corner and consider my options again....

I’ll keep looking at it....

I may take the day off, check the boat over, refil with fuel and pop down to the heads to have a look anyway.... 🤔 

If I stick inshore on the way home it maybe doable.... 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Well weather still looking like it’s half holding for Tuesday.... last chance to to get back for at least a week....

Strap myself in and ride the swells for 100NM... going to be a long 5-6 hours I think 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

May not be a trip home..... maybe stuck down there 😮

Well, it would be quite a slow trip, but doable, although you are going to take a few green ones over the cabin as the max wave height will be about 1.8 - 2m (1.4m is the avg wave height) however, I personally would wait for better weather to prevail .............

I was hoping to get out Tuesday, our weather forecast is better than yours but still marginal for me ...........

Toned the swell down now, and significantly smaller once you get past Gower so hopefully with wind and swell and tide following me I can make it home....

My boat is good in a following sea, its a head sea when you get them over to the roof as she rides bow up most of the time anyway...

Not a day for stopping off on the reefs for a few mackerel/bass/pollack that’s for sure!

Quite nice down here tonight... 3 of us in pub, boat filled with fuel and another 200l in reserve, enough to get me to lands end or Bristol 😅😅

7am lock booked fingers crossed to get out 🙂 Even so, a day off mucking about in boats beats working 🙂 

Defeated 🤣🤣🤣 

2m swell on the nose before I left the haven with spray going over the roof and onto the deck. Gave the boat a good wash 🤣🤣

Refuelled for run home or shark trip next weather window 🙂