21st July evening trip

mike farrants

You lot are a bunch of blankers so i thought id share my recent (unusual) blank afloat! (spoiler alert)

was a lovely evening with light Westerleys - perfect for drifting east across weymouth bay straight out of the harbour - no time wasted - as i only had a couple of hours.

i rushed home from work, grabbed the free rag from Tuesdays pier session and some frozen squid, and "rushed" under the bridge and out - greeted to someone pulling a lovely looking bream or bass off the pier i was full of hope!

image.png.83c1905d8fc09e9d418ecfd10328c80c.png

aim was to drag a blinged up ragworm off a boom across the sandy bottom for a plaice or other likely candidate, while simultaneously towing a float suspending a squid strip for a gar fish or other likely candidate, PLUS with a set of feathers over the side aiming for a scad or other likely candidate..... (species hunt) - with 8 hooks over the side i couldn't fail right? 

image.png.236d519e9063a15539e907b3d76bece3.png

needless to say ronald provided the only fish that night - if you can even call it that!

image.png.ab12caff8d5f0de7bcd6f86aa2e2d7e2.png

Nice that you chipped off early but I think your time could be better spent. 
I went into a branch  of a well known online tool catalogue shop and they didn’t have any M12 shield anchors in stock. Surely this awful situation needs sorting out before you fuck off out fishing? 

i'm really sorry the copy-cat that is toolstation didn't have your items in stock - you should of tried Screwfix...... plenty in stock there, in store, and available next day - and if you live in a region covered by "screwfix sprint" - we can deliver to you/your site quicker than you can get a pizza there. 

A blank on the boat is a better evening spent in front of the TV! 

Personally I went to the gym but would of rather done my fitness training by pulling in fish 😆