New (to me) rod time

Been looking to get another Suveran 5-10oz uptider to match the one I have

Couldn't find any new ones and the second hand ones were the same price as I paid for mine when it was new

Browsing marketplace last night and found one in ex condition for £60 just under an hour away

A few messages and we agreed on £50 (cos it's an hour away) picked it up earlier and It's in it's new home now

Very happy with and it will chuck a slosh 30 on it just like my other one

My other uptiders are like tank aerials compared to these,  it's quite a stiff rod, but a good tip

Just the job for strong tides

What do others prefer, jonc does a fair bit of uptide work IIRC

5 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Been looking to get another Suveran 5-10oz uptider to match the one I have

Couldn't find any new ones and the second hand ones were the same price as I paid for mine when it was new

Browsing marketplace last night and found one in ex condition for £60 just under an hour away

A few messages and we agreed on £50 (cos it's an hour away) picked it up earlier and It's in it's new home now

Very happy with and it will chuck a slosh 30 on it just like my other one

My other uptiders are like tank aerials compared to these,  it's quite a stiff rod, but a good tip

Just the job for strong tides

What do others prefer, jonc does a fair bit of uptide work IIRC

I used the skippers greys uptide, so impressed I bought one

Just now, suzook12 said:

I used the skippers greys uptide, so impressed I bought one

I’ve got a greys uptide that I won on eBay for about £20. I felt really guilty when I picked it up from the guys house 🤣🤣

No I haven’t, but I would expect it’s similar with a bit more strength in the middle. Keep the extending butt section clean, the are well known for jamming. My one got stuck in and I ended up cutting it and using an old beach rod reducer to make the handle up. 

1 minute ago, jonnyswamp said:

I've heard of a few that have seized, I never extend mine past the max line

Maybe that's why some have jammed

Also it's only extended for casting, then retracted for the actual waiting about bit 

Mine was stuck in, that’s why it was a problem. 

Just heading out to try another Shimano grappler, the opposite end of the range to the one I caught the tuna on last weekend. This is a very light bait cast  2 piece, hope to try it on snapper and hounds.

41 minutes ago, JonC said:

Another old rod I have is the shimano ultregra uptide. That is really stiff, but a sensitive tip it could do with a rebuild but I can’t be arsed. 

I have one also, the lad uses it now, cracking rod. won that cheap off of ebay