Yamaha 4stroke 2.5AMHS 2011

Tandem

Recently acquired this outboard, but noticed that when running it has a good stream of water from the engine water outlet, but also a 'sputtering' of water from the 'slot' below the pozi screw in the image.  Manual refers to this part as an upper casing cover, but no details as to what the slot is for, or why any water should be 'sputtering' from it.

Anyone with a similar outboard able to clarify and, more importantly, should I be concerned...

IMG_4480 (2).JPG

Welcome to the forum @Tandem

The cover you mention has the exhaust chamber behind it which carries the used cooling water also, so if there is a slot there, seeing a bit of water should be no surprise. Been a little while since I had my small yam so nothing to compare to....

4 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

#thegarlicandcheapwinehavepickledhisbrain

And the wine here is excellent by the way. Found (and drank) a St Emilion Grand Cru Classe for only about £32, and in the local supermarket too. Had a tour and tasting at a local organic vineyard yesterday which lightened my wallet somewhat but should keep my wine collection well stocked for a few months.

15 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

And the wine here is excellent by the way. Found (and drank) a St Emilion Grand Cru Classe for only about £32, and in the local supermarket too. Had a tour and tasting at a local organic vineyard yesterday which lightened my wallet somewhat but should keep my wine collection well stocked for a few months.

That means fuck all to an pleb like me! 
Wine is for lords and poofs..... 

Oh wait a minute.......

1 minute ago, suzook12 said:

Now a nice bottle of a 25 year old port..........

Port is nice, but I can never drink it quick enough to finish the bottle before it oxidises. Ideally they need to be drunk within a few days, but I find port too heavy for more than a glass at a time.

2 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Port is nice, but I can never drink it quick enough to finish the bottle before it oxidises. Ideally they need to be drunk within a few days, but I find port too heavy for more than a glass at a time.

@Saintly Fish What was you saying? Lords and........

3 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Never had a bottle last longer than an hour.......

2 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

Never had a bottle last longer than an hour.......

But it's a drink to be savoured with good friends while reminiscing about past PB's and fisherman's tales, not chugged by the half-pint glass in a race to the bottom of the bottle!

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

We used to stay in a very nice rural property which was on the St Emilion vineyard. Very happy memories indeed 👍

However, as you can imagine, this year is much, much, closer to home, and we have stayed the week in Shaldon at a Beachside property, with just the 4 grandchildren.