Time to start hitting the doggies!

Malc

It may upset someone but there is money to be made in Spain...

20221030_201354.thumb.jpg.c91b0db58919b58dbb63c89ed4e28d59.jpg

...I noticed them on the slab in the supermarket too, along with a few conger as well! Strange how markets change, we had lots of octopus and cuttlefish in the restaurants one year and another baby squid a couple of inches long, this year it's doggies, oxtail and anchovies. 

I skinned and shallow-fried a deep hooked dogfish a few seasons ago. My son and I tried it and we both agreed it tasted bland with a mushy texture. Not very pleasant. Might just have been the cooking method and perhaps they can make them taste better over there but I wasn't impressed with the humble Solent Salmon.

5 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

I skinned and shallow-fried a deep hooked dogfish a few seasons ago. My son and I tried it and we both agreed it tasted bland with a mushy texture. Not very pleasant. Might just have been the cooking method and perhaps they can make them taste better over there but I wasn't impressed with the humble Solent Salmon.

Do you ever have Rock from the chippy?(when your chef is off or when you are trying to look common for some reason? ) 

13 hours ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'd imagine that LSD taste much like smooth hound (mind the nutters). They are very gamey in taste . Perfect as deep fried fingers

I found LSD was more about it's hallucinogenic qualities more than taste.......

53 minutes ago, suzook12 said:

I found LSD was more about it's hallucinogenic qualities more than taste.......

Wow! Funny you should say that, but I was recently thinking about foods and altered states. Chillies, strong cheese and jamon bellota do it to me and first couple of oysters I had did but not now.