Sat 17th Cardiff Bay

jonnyswamp

Went down to the boat the day before to have see how thick the ice was, at least 25mm around my boat and out towards the main drag

The forecast was 2-3 degrees overnight, so thought we would be able to break what ice would be left by my 2 crew on the front using brushes

Got down at 6.30 Sat morning and it was quite obvious that it stayed well below freezing all night and the ice had thickened

No chance of breaking the ice with brushes, or ploughing through without damaging the hull, so back home we came

Shite weather for the foreseeable as well

37 minutes ago, jonnyswamp said:

Went down to the boat the day before to have see how thick the ice was, at least 25mm around my boat and out towards the main drag

The forecast was 2-3 degrees overnight, so thought we would be able to break what ice would be left by my 2 crew on the front using brushes

Got down at 6.30 Sat morning and it was quite obvious that it stayed well below freezing all night and the ice had thickened

No chance of breaking the ice with brushes, or ploughing through without damaging the hull, so back home we came

If it’s any consolation I heard the fishing has been crap…. But would of been nice to try at least 😞 

6 hours ago, jonnyswamp said:

sorry to hear that bud  at least you tryed  to get out its not worth damaging the boat hopefully get out over xmas 

On 12/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, jonnyswamp said:

Ya win some, ya lose some. Least ya didn't try and force the issue and end up damaging the boat