Inflatable boat with outboard needs to be registered?

Michael

9 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

@Andy135 can you please expand on your comment about traditional shaped tenders not being "nosed" in?

Traditional tenders can do that too if they have a squared off bow profile, but then you already knew that...

17 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Now I'm confused.com 🤯

What are you confused by? I'm talking about parking a tender at 90 degrees to a pontoon instead of coming alongside parallel, then embarking/disembarking passengers across the bow instead of over the gunnels/side tubes.

43 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

What are you confused by? I'm talking about parking a tender at 90 degrees to a pontoon instead of coming alongside parallel, then embarking/disembarking passengers across the bow instead of over the gunnels/side tubes.

I'm confused because one moment they can't then they can, what's going on....🤗

43 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

I'm confused because one moment they can't then they can, what's going on....🤗

You tell me. You're the one with the tender. I'd have thought you'd be the expert on these boats.

1 hour ago, Andy135 said:

Why would you go over the bow? Far more likely to go wrong. The boat will want to move backwards as you step off and the tide will swing it around. 

4 minutes ago, JonC said:

Why would you go over the bow? Far more likely to go wrong. The boat will want to move backwards as you step off and the tide will swing it around. 

To fit in a gap between other boats that's too small to come alongside into. Keep the motor in gear to press the bow to the pontoon and allow a passenger to step on/off, then leave again. We're talking about bump & go landings here, not permanent mooring.

23 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

To fit in a gap between other boats that's too small to come alongside into. Keep the motor in gear to press the bow to the pontoon and allow a passenger to step on/off, then leave again. We're talking about bump & go landings here, not permanent mooring.

A boat that size would go under most pontoons as you step out. 
Also who would choose a boat on the off chance that they could drop someone off in a narrow gap between two boats? Strangely specific requirement. 

29 minutes ago, JonC said:

A boat that size would go under most pontoons as you step out. 
Also who would choose a boat on the off chance that they could drop someone off in a narrow gap between two boats? Strangely specific requirement. 

The issue I can see with the design of that boat is that if you did go up the front it looks like it would tip up at the back, because there is no support under the front for a couple of feet. 

36 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

The issue I can see with the design of that boat is that if you did go up the front it looks like it would tip up at the back, because there is no support under the front for a couple of feet. 

Here's the part of the same vid I posted earlier, where an adult steps down onto the open bow from a pontoon. Seems to work ok.

8 minutes ago, Andy135 said:

Here's the part of the same vid I posted earlier, where an adult steps down onto the open bow from a pontoon. Seems to work ok.

That’s a promo video, full of shit.  
If someone is there waiting to jump in it works, but it would do on any boat. 
Boats have been ‘boat shaped’ for a few years now and probably for a reason. 

16 minutes ago, JonC said:

That’s a promo video, full of shit.  
If someone is there waiting to jump in it works, but it would do on any boat. 
Boats have been ‘boat shaped’ for a few years now and probably for a reason. 

And catamarans have been 'cat shaped' for... no... wait... 🐱🤣