Navionics question

Looking at navi Web app and I see abbreviations such as S, M and R and that's easy enough, sand mud and rock. However I am confused with two locations one is MS.G.SH and the other M.S.G/R (mud sand gravel/rock perhaps)?20230306_144938.jpg.d518bc5aa4610e58909bf2d2648e901b.jpg

20230306_144858.jpg.dd7993b04c37c466f9f3feed8b7fcee3.jpg

On the Navionics web app you can click the letters, then click the blue ? icon to the right of the cross-hairs, then expand the Seabed Area line to reveal the details. It won't give a full description of each of the words in the abbreviation, but will list the major component.

Rxn5oHe.png

5ATLCQE.png

BYfxxr6.png

7 minutes ago, Saintly Fish said:

Which one?

‘R’ wasn’t on the first chart abbreviation listing. I like to carry several different brands of charts on board to cross reference against each other when navigating in and out of the same river. 

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Looking at navi Web app and I see abbreviations such as S, M and R and that's easy enough, sand mud and rock. However I am confused with two locations one is MS.G.SH and the other M.S.G/R (mud sand gravel/rock perhaps)?20230306_144938.jpg.d518bc5aa4610e58909bf2d2648e901b.jpg

20230306_144858.jpg.dd7993b04c37c466f9f3feed8b7fcee3.jpg

You need Chart 5011, which is the full list of annotations and abbreviation used on admiralty charts.

The PDF is too large to attach here, the sea bed abbreviations start on page 25, and the pdf is available for download here,

Chart 5011 8th Edition

16 hours ago, Andy135 said:

On the Navionics web app you can click the letters, then click the blue ? icon to the right of the cross-hairs, then expand the Seabed Area line to reveal the details. It won't give a full description of each of the words in the abbreviation, but will list the major component.

Rxn5oHe.png

5ATLCQE.png

BYfxxr6.png

I did that, however I was using our tablet and I now realise I haven't logged in on it 🤪