River Crouch boat comp.

Last year’s inaugural River Crouch boat comp was quite a success, they also managed to raise a bit of cash for the Burnham on Crouch lifeboat.  Luckily for them I wasn’t in it or things would have been different.

Fil at Fil’s tackle has worked hard putting this together, there’s a link here for this year’s competition details.

https://facebook.com/events/s/crouch-open-boat-competition-2/1100970773950524/

13 hours ago, JonC said:

Last year’s inaugural River Crouch boat comp was quite a success, they also managed to raise a bit of cash for the Burnham on Crouch lifeboat.  Luckily for them I wasn’t in it or things would have been different.

Fil at Fil’s tackle has worked hard putting this together, there’s a link here for this year’s competition details.

https://facebook.com/events/s/crouch-open-boat-competition-2/1100970773950524/

I could well be up for this, 

10 minutes ago, Herbs73 said:

I could well be up for this, 

Im planning fish this one though it will probably be on @KennyPowers boat that is at Wallasey. To motor around the I’m morning would take 45 minutes for me, unless I do the night there before. 

Where are you guys finding the info and what support it has ? the links only shows info on the comp date and a single picture. It would be nice good see any previous pictures of catches and boats and maybe the launch ramp facilities etc. Do sponsors jump onboard with prizes and promotions ? I don't see any support anywhere.

Maybe Ive missed a link other than the one Jon shared.

Edited by JDP

3 hours ago, JDP said:

Where are you guys finding the info and what support it has ? the links only shows info on the comp date and a single picture. It would be nice good see any previous pictures of catches and boats and maybe the launch ramp facilities etc. Do sponsors jump onboard with prizes and promotions ? I don't see any support anywhere.

Maybe Ive missed a link other than the one Jon shared.

Unfortunately it’s all run through Facebook, so no easy way of finding older stuff which is one of the biggest drawbacks of the platform. I’ll dig some of it up later. 
One detail that did make me chuckle is that the money raised for the Burnham on crouch lifeboat didn’t cover the fuel for the 4 trips out they made rescuing poorly maintained boats🤣🤣🤣

As you know boat fishing isn’t overly popular here, and there’s not much money in the market compared to freshwater match or carp fishing so it’s never going to be a massive event. Most tackle shops in this part of the country have a display rack about the size of an ironing board for sea tackle and a few entry level rods and reels on display. 

2 minutes ago, JDP said:

Thanks for that Jon, some good fish there.

Poor by comparison to what you lot get but we do have a good run of Bass and Hounds from May onwards, not many people keep hounds for the table anymore so they all go back. 

The hounds do put up a really good scrap on light tackle in the shallow water, often less than 10’. They nearly all  make another defiant dive when they get close to the boat. 

1 minute ago, JonC said:

Poor by comparison to what you lot get but we do have a good run of Bass and Hounds from May onwards, not many people keep hounds for the table anymore so they all go back. 

While we can get it good at times, I find the work I have to do for those fish often way more than I did in the UK. Also many of the cooler water fish are better eating in my opinion, give me cod, pollack, whiting and ling over most of the fish we catch here.