What are these ?

JDP

According to the internet...

"the 4 long plastic strips are for you to tape the knot after you have tied the line onto the spool. It get the knot out of the way so it doesn't get cough during casting if you get that far. It also provide a anchor point for braids if you don't use backing. I would still use mono line backing so prevent braid cutting into the spool. Also save the amount of braid line wasted since you'll never go that far down into your line."

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=50108&sid=f899410784354eea7c8e87c3e3997c1e

4 hours ago, Andy135 said:

According to the internet...

"the 4 long plastic strips are for you to tape the knot after you have tied the line onto the spool. It get the knot out of the way so it doesn't get cough during casting if you get that far. It also provide a anchor point for braids if you don't use backing. I would still use mono line backing so prevent braid cutting into the spool. Also save the amount of braid line wasted since you'll never go that far down into your line."

http://www.tackletour.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=50108&sid=f899410784354eea7c8e87c3e3997c1e

unles you whont to let it out

5 hours ago, JDP said:

I’ve bought plenty of saragosa reels over the reels but never noticed this little packet of clear strips before. Nothing in the paperwork in regards to them, any ideas.

14D549C3-1D6E-4E3B-8471-7F1A03B71747.thumb.jpeg.e125a127eebc94eccea2e588c14c89ef.jpeg

You beat me to it Jon. Ive just taken delivery of an ultegra 2500 to go with the 1-3kg ugly stik. It has the same strips.