Brightlingsea

Herbs73

9 hours ago, JonC said:

@Herbs73  what bait was best for the hounds?  Fresh hermits are always good but frozen are good too I find. 

We had some fresh peeler which they went mad for. The rag worm fished ok as well

On 4/30/2023 at 5:33 PM, Herbs73 said:

only 4 dogfish  

😭 Ah, what a shame. It's always annoying when you get loads of other species but not the one you're really after. Still, well done for trying. 😉🤣

3 hours ago, Andy135 said:

😭 Ah, what a shame. It's always annoying when you get loads of other species but not the one you're really after. Still, well done for trying. 😉🤣

It’s always disappointing when the dogfish don’t turn up, 

On 5/1/2023 at 5:54 AM, Herbs73 said:

We had some fresh peeler which they went mad for. The rag worm fished ok as well

I don’t know anyone over our side that sells them, I just don’t get the time to collect my own. But if I do go I walk along turning rocks over and only ever find hard backs or the odd crinkly. 
I used  hardbacks with some success last summer, I drop a pot off the back in the marina and usually get about 30-50 overnight. 

15 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well done @Herbs73

Always found hardbacks superior when hound fishing  @JonC

its live and it generally won’t get gobbled by a doggie win win

Hardbacks work a treat 🙂 Inused to use squid too. If they are around in numbers they’ll eat most things. 

I do wish hounds would grow to like 80-90lb…. They offer an awesome scrap for size of fish….

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Hardbacks work a treat 🙂 Inused to use squid too. If they are around in numbers they’ll eat most things. 

I do wish hounds would grow to like 80-90lb…. They offer an awesome scrap for size of fish….

They do in places like south africa im sure 

yeah great memories with hounds