West Bay 7/5/23

Dicky

25 minutes ago, Dicky said:

We steamed out to a wreck at 15 miles along with one of the other boats and picked up the odd pollack and pout but with 2 commercial’s joining us pushed on another mile to a different wreck

I guess you went out to the 'empress of India', and then onto the 'Château Yquem'. The Château is known locally as the 'Salvage'

These are local wrecks for us, and I am thinking about going to the 'Ursa' on Sat or Sun. The Ursa is about a mile from the Chateau.

I will guess at the 2 charter's being 'LazyDaze' and 'Shandie III', both from Exmouth.

2 hours ago, daio web said:

well done dicky great report mate do you drift the wrecks our anchor up mate not done any wreck fishing in this channel  sounds a good crack mate 

We were drifting with lures but you can fish at anchor on the smaller tides 

21 hours ago, GPSguru said:

I guess you went out to the 'empress of India', and then onto the 'Château Yquem'. The Château is known locally as the 'Salvage'

These are local wrecks for us, and I am thinking about going to the 'Ursa' on Sat or Sun. The Ursa is about a mile from the Chateau.

I will guess at the 2 charter's being 'LazyDaze' and 'Shandie III', both from Exmouth.

One was Devon bass pro from Axmouth the other was Bear something or other which I think was a rod and line commercial from Exeter

57 minutes ago, Dicky said:

I know, he had it both ways. Charges you to go out on his boat then kerosene most of your catch 🤣🤣🤣

TBH the Empress that you went to first is more of an Autumn / winter wreck, but the Château fishes quite well all year round.

32 minutes ago, GPSguru said:

TBH the Empress that you went to first is more of an Autumn / winter wreck, but the Château fishes quite well all year round.

We had more fish off the Chateau. We were going to try the Ursa but we had enough fillets and fancied a go at the plaice. do you ever fish the Meat Boat?

1 hour ago, Dicky said:

do you ever fish the Meat Boat?

Yes, about 11 miles off Berry Head, and about 16 miles from Teignmouth. It's true name is the La Blanca, but it was carrying 1000's of ton's of meat when it went down.

Very hit and miss, I often go straight on to the Pomella which is another 7 miles further on, but this puts you in the centre of 14 wrecks all within 5 miles, however, the Pomella usually fishes well.

IIRC the current record conger of 133lb came from the Meatboat.

Edited by GPSguru