Saturday 24th June - weymouth

mike farrants

Had all day to myself so decided to take pugwash out solo - the plan was to drift the entrances, and a little wreck and a reefy area for mackerel, gurnard, pollock and wrasse. 

with no time constraints and no wind all day I left it till lunchtime before heading out - which turned out to be a bad decision - as i left the marina i could see a huge bank of fog on the horizon - i carried on and kept a close eye on it - it was moving very slowly - and creeping up the coast - i did about an hour and half before it really closed in - i moved close to the pier as the visibility dropped - headed in disappointed with just 3 mackerel (at least i didn't blank). was gorgeous when the sun was out though!

it went from this.....

image.png.58dc3e8b9b493c5f199087c36a052bec.png

image.png.74250184a29f11bd08a24c5f68e8fa15.png

to this....

image.png.061b8f0cc5695effe8395a27941f58f3.png

to this in about 30 mins

image.png.e05b553e2a6b24536843d5780b2937c7.png

obligatory pic for Jon:

image.png.5fca9788c4d881a509a93ca1298b6187.png

to console myself i then tried for mullet in the marina - with even less luck. By which time the fog had lifted to a lovely sunny day again!  after id packed up the boat!

to console myself even further - i went home, swapped boat gear for float gear and hit the rocks at portland bill - see separate shore report for that!

image.png

11 minutes ago, Malc said:

@mike farrants how did you get the last picture at a jaunty angle?

it was well rough out there lol haha  - i was trying to straighten the horizon in MS Paint but it came out jaunty!! it was meant to be delete

Edited by mike farrants

1 hour ago, mike farrants said:

it was well rough out there lol haha  - i was trying to straighten the horizon in MS Paint but it came out jaunty!! it was meant to be delete

Why would you want to doctor your photos? Is your profile pic altered too so you don't look like the hunchback of notre damn ?

#soshallowbehappywithwhatyougot